Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Midnight Massacre - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Midnight Massacre  "Met-Art Miracle Redux"

When returning from a vacation, Duke finds his mansion being attacked by aliens! The staff slaughtered, and the babes being captured! Duke must take action to destroy the aliens, and save his babes!

Five years ago I released Met-Art Miracle, and as fun as it was, I knew I could do better. I removed the gimmick, and I set out to make the map stand out on its own. I've changed the walls, added new areas, and I think it's a real blast. Let me know what you think, Happy Halloween!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Nukem1994x 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 30 October 2023 - 03:25 PM, said:

When returning from a vacation, Duke finds his mansion being attacked by aliens! The staff slaughtered, and the babes being captured! Duke must take action to destroy the aliens, and save his babes!

Five years ago I released Met-Art Miracle, and as fun as it was, I knew I could do better. I removed the gimmick, and I set out to make the map stand out on its own. I've changed the walls, added new areas, and I think it's a real blast. Let me know what you think, Happy Halloween!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Downloaded! I'll look forward to playing this tonight! :)

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

I`m experiencing some serious technical difficulties with this map. There`s atleast 3 spots where the game just crashes, no matter which video mode I use:

• The Devastator room you access through the fountain
  • The weapon storage in the alien area
  • And the sector just in front of the door to the alien bridge

The Eduke build I'm using is the r10454-95aef90c9 one (September 12th, 2023)

User is online   ck3D 

Congrats on release, screenshots look neat I'm going to try and play tonight as well.

There already seems to be a video of the level on YouTube:

View PostDr.Panico, on 31 October 2023 - 08:15 AM, said:

I`m experiencing some serious technical difficulties with this map. There`s atleast 3 spots where the game just crashes, no matter which video mode I use:

• The Devastator room you access through the fountain
  • The weapon storage in the alien area
  • And the sector just in front of the door to the alien bridge

The Eduke build I'm using is the r10454-95aef90c9 one (September 12th, 2023)

That's not an issue I've encountered, I have to most current Eduke and I've test played the map several times. Maybe someone smart than I am can help, because that stumps me.

User is offline   Dr.Panico 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 31 October 2023 - 08:44 AM, said:

That's not an issue I've encountered, I have to most current Eduke and I've test played the map several times. Maybe someone smart than I am can help, because that stumps me.

Just installed the latest version, and the level plays normally. I have no idea what was killing the map in the older build; but atleast now I can beat the level without DNCLIP.

Nice map, BTW. A little confusing and cramped at times, but entertaining.

View PostDr.Panico, on 31 October 2023 - 09:24 AM, said:

Just installed the latest version, and the level plays normally. I have no idea what was killing the map in the older build; but atleast now I can beat the level without DNCLIP.

Nice map, BTW. A little confusing and cramped at times, but entertaining.

I'm glad you were able to get it working. I blame the cramped and confusing layout due to the fact that I've been working on this map off and on for almost ten years, with big gaps in between.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options