Duke4.net Forums: Glass Window NOT Breaking - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glass Window NOT Breaking

User is offline   VGames 

Anybody got some tips for troubleshooting why a glass window won't break? I've got the masked wall setup correctly and I've got the glass texture set to block able and hittable. I've done this before, so I know I have it set up correctly. But the glass window won't break. It blocks your path just fine though. Any ideas? What should the "Cst" setting be when looking at these glass windows in 3D mode?

This post has been edited by VGames: 03 September 2023 - 01:34 PM

User is online   ck3D 

I don't think I've ever heard about anyone having that issue, even back in the DOS Duke days as long as the effect indeed was set up correctly; it's so rudimentary the right implementation not working is practically unheard of. Two common mistakes would be the wall actually isn't hittable and just blockable, or a non-breakable window glass texture is being used (there only is one coded one in the game, it's the purely transparent one). Otherwise maybe you have weird maskwall attributes or tags or lines going and interfering in ways I'm not even sure really exist and most likely don't. Must be something simple, would recommend posting screenshots.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 03 September 2023 - 02:08 PM

User is offline   MC84 

View PostVGames, on 03 September 2023 - 01:33 PM, said:

Anybody got some tips for troubleshooting why a glass window won't break? I've got the masked wall setup correctly and I've got the glass texture set to block able and hittable. I've done this before, so I know I have it set up correctly. But the glass window won't break. It blocks your path just fine though. Any ideas? What should the "Cst" setting be when looking at these glass windows in 3D mode?

Maybe a dumb question but are you using the standard #503 tile for the texture? Other option is if you've got a thin sector in front of the glass accidentally set to block + hit, then it may prevent the bullets reaching the maskwall..?

User is offline   VGames 

Freaking crap I'm retarded. I've been checking cstat settings and ripping my hair out trying to figure out why it's not breaking and the whole freaking time the sprite was not set to 503. It was set to 3677 which is the glass from the Duke in DC episode. I had previously gone through the Smithsonian map and made all the glass in the aquarium area of the map used sprite 3677 instead of 503 to keep them from breaking because it was odd to have a wall of water when certain glass was broken. I guess it saved that masked wall to that glass texture. Or maybe I set it to that for some reason? I have no clue. Thanks for the help. I feel really dumb now.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options