Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Nukem Zero Zone 6-level demo - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem Zero Zone 6-level demo  "The expansion expands"

User is offline   ck3D 

Radar's two-minute traversal of the last level in the demo for now, Octastrophe. Pretty much a speedrun but a pretty great one, using the boost from the Atomic Rush to jump across a few of these gaps I had barely considered myself, I actually really enjoyed watching the level played so optimally, that is the kind of organic high-speed flow I can dig.

User is offline   ck3D 

Serious_Cacodemon played all of the Zero Zone demo the other night (and Lunar Apocalypse 3072 before that): https://www.twitch.t...deos/2098481413

Was interesting to see a blind playthrough live with no cuts, inspiring even, studying the reactions to the new enemies and set-ups made me realize how much there is to take in at once around those levels (they all bring in their respective share of new mechanics and so it's a lot of successive introductions, nothing too wild if one has beaten Blast Radius before but clearly rather hardcore just to keep up with nonetheless). Octastrophe in particular worked out so well seeing Caco's original (catastrophic) attempt genuinely worried me about going too far, but then they picked up on the logic the level was putting down, reloaded and did amazing breezing through it, that was really neat. Gave me a lot of new ideas re: future uses for those enemies in later maps overall.

Serious_Cacodemon also had played the LA Meltdown and Shrapnel City remakes the previous night, can be watched here: https://www.twitch.t...deos/2097536434

That's a lot of time they've been spending in Blast Radius now. Combining the previous two streams of the original campaign last year, took them 30+ hours total just to traverse everything (not 100%ing). Great gameplay skills too.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 24 March 2024 - 02:27 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options