Duke4.net Forums: Duke Zone 1 All Single Player Maps In Episode Form? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Zone 1 All Single Player Maps In Episode Form?  "If Permitted I Plan On Uploading A Mod With A Compilation from 1996/97"

User is offline   oldgamerz 

I am working on a mod and I would like to know If I could upload it once it's finished and tested and working properly

I do already have one mod I created on this site with about 10 levels I made myself on this site from 2015

I know how to edit CON files but I am not good at all at making my own maps so I would like to put all DUKE ZONE 1 maps into episode if this has not already been done before. but I would like to just compose other peoples levels from 1996-1997 and put them into episode form not making any changed to the levels themselves or the title of the mod. I would like to know if this would be accepted in the community or if this was ever done before to Duke Zone 1. Duke Zone II ia already in episode form but I want to put the first Duke Zone Map Compilation into episode form just like how somebody else composed Xtreme by editing the CON files.

All I plan on doing is a simple text and go edit nothing fancy, and I plan on daisy chaining all the single player levels I find in Duke Zone 1 that can be exited and completed and putting them into a game, so when you complete MAP01 it will load MAP02 or whatever the MAP is called. I done this before and I plan on running a final test run before uploading Duke Zone Mod in this thread.

User is offline   ck3D 

Please don't take my word for it but since what you would be doing would only qualify as redistribution of the content then I think ethically you would be in the clear. Before you actually put in any work though, I'd recommend making sure your project is technically possible as I'm pretty sure even EDuke32 has a hard limit on how many levels one can have per episode and then on how many episodes one can have in one build of the game (that is greater than base Duke 3D's but still a thing). That may or may not be incompatible with your idea depending on how selective you are with the levels/how many Duke! Zone levels qualify in the first place/how outdated my own info is.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

IIRC you can have about 64 maps per episode in EDuke32 and seven episodes in total. I needed to find out for the Urban Pack of the Addon Compilation.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 June 2023 - 01:37 PM

User is offline   Youri87 

Hello,
Did you success to do this? I'd be interested in playing it as an episode!

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Most of these maps are absolute garbage. No quality control whatsoever was applied, they just slapped all maps they could find onto that disc. It would be even worse than playing the three custom-made episodes from DZ2. And that one sucked quite hard already.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Could be a neat community project though. First sort out the best maps of the bunch, then have everyone pick one map to polish up. Then put everything together in an episode. Add some meme plot like the aliens stole Duke's donkey and he has to fight through the maps to get it back.

You alien bastards are gonna pay for stealing my donkey!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options