Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX Out of Sync with more than 2 players on LAN - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX Out of Sync with more than 2 players on LAN  "Any suggestions for improving performance in a LAN game?"

User is offline   BenVestUp 

Hello Everyone!

First, I would like to say that as someone who grew up playing Build engine games, I absolutely LOVE BuildGDX! Being able to play all of the classic Build engine games (and their awesome expansions) on modern day Operating Systems with proper widescreen support and high frame rates is absolutely amazing! I am very impressed with this project and would like to thank everyone involved for making this possible.

That being said, I have an issue that I have not been able to solve. I have 4 Windows 10 machines all connected on a LAN via ethernet cable to the same (gigabit) switch. All 4 of them have BloodGDX installed and it runs perfectly smooth in single player on all 4 machines. When I do a 2 player LAN game it works just fine, but any time I try to do 3 or 4 players it instantly goes out of sync and becomes unplayable. I could understand lag if I was playing across the internet with people in different countries, but these are all computers connected to the same LAN, so there really shouldn't be any lag. I have other games (Quake 3 Arena, Serious Sam, and original Unreal Tournament) on all 4 computers and any time I do a 4 player LAN game with any of those games it's perfectly fine, so I am thinking it has to be something with BloodGDX networking code.

If you watch this video, you will see that 4 people are doing a Coop game of Cryptic Passage using BloodGDX and it is working just fine, so I know it is possible to get smooth gameplay with more than 2 players, I just can't seem to work it out.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I have done a lot of research and tried so many different things, but have had no luck.

I would really hate to have to install DOSBox and all of the machines and have to play the low resolution DOS version just to get smooth multiplayer. If anyone has any ideas I can try to help resolve this issue that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

I suggest you try out NotBlood ( get the source port here: https://github.com/c...tBlood/releases ), and use NukemNet (multiplayer launcher https://nukemnet.com ) to arrange your LAN game.
If you need any help, ask away here or in our discord server.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options