Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D HRP 4.0/4.1 on 9600GT Issues. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D HRP 4.0/4.1 on 9600GT Issues.

User is offline   Totempole 

Hi, yesterday I downloaded Duke 3D HRP 4.0 and tried it out on my brothers old P4 with a Geforce FX5950-Ultra card, and it worked great. So, I was really disappointed when it screwed up on my Core2 with a 9600GT. The main Menu background image is completely off center and during the game the gun list background etc doesn't fit the text. Other than that, the game works perfectly, but it's just a bit annoying to see these things out of alignment. I did try upgrading to V4.1, but that didn't work either.

Anyone got any ideas?

(I've attached screenshots whic illustrate my problem.)

Thanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Bug1.JPG
  • Attached Image: Bug2.JPG

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

For the first issue, it looks like your texture cache was created with one graphics card and used with another one. Delete the 'texcache' folder to allow EDuke32 to regenerate a texture cache for your new graphics card.

For the misaligned fence in the second screenshot, it looks like you're running a Duke3D 1.3D GRP file whereas the HRP requires the Atomic Edition (1.5).

User is offline   Totempole 

Thanks, problem solved. I shouldn't have directly transferred the whole installation via a flash drive.

I reinstalled the game and the HRP to my own PC and it works perfectly.

As for the fence, it doesn't bother me much. I once had an Atomic Edition CD, but it was borrowed from me and never returned.

This post has been edited by Totempole: 09 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It might be possible that you don't have your maphacks setup correctly (they should have came with the HRP)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options