Duke4.net Forums: Metroid Corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Metroid Corner  ""Any objections, Lady?""

User is offline   jkas789 

The Nintendo Direct was yesterday and once again us Metroid fans are eating well today. A remaster of Metroid Prime was shadow dropped yesterday and it looks fucking amazing!

Here is the trailer:

The game looks great and so far IME it has been super smooth with no stuttering. I think while docked it runs at 60 fps? I have never been good at discerning that so I may be wrong.

If you are interested, here is a comparison video between the remastered and original version:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't get over how good Prime Remastered looks. I can't wait to buy this (after Feb 22 for the physical version). This thing looks like a UE5 game on the Switch (I'm exaggerating but not by much) and yet it runs at a seemingly solid 60 fps. Retro Studios have just proven they are still masters of optimizing incredible quality and performance on restricted system specs. As well as alleviated fears about what's happening with Prime 4 and whether it will look good or not. AND IT'S ONLY $40. Skyward Sword HD doesn't have a fraction of the amount of work done that was put into Prime Remastered and it was a full $60.

Skyward Sword wishes it could have gotten the same treatment as Metroid Prime Remastered (I think I will be abbreviating the name to MP1R from now on, it is kind of a mouthfull :P ). I personally passed on Skyward Sword, but that had more to do with how I just don't really like the game than with the state of its release on the switch.

With all the press coverage and all the accolades it has been getting I'm hoping that Nintendo will do the obvious and smart thing and remastering the other games as well. But then again Nintendo will do what Ninty will do and for all we know they turn the remastered into a timed exclusive like with the Mario Bros anniv lmao.

I'm really hoping we get an update adding the Metroid Fusion extra that was unlockable in the original game. AFAIK it is hard coded into the game so really the only thing they would have to do is add the option in the menu, and remaster the suit I guess.

According to a "industry insider", there is a port of Metroid Prime 2 and 3 in the pipeline. This would seem to be more ports than remasters, though I guess we will know if they are released at all.

I managed to finally finish Metroid Prime Remastered! This definitely proves that good video games don't really need a remake, a remastered is more than enough as long as the core gameplay is solid.

What a ride dudes.

Attached Image: IMG_8026.jpg

• The Sarien Encounter

Finally finished Metroid Dread last week. What a ride! And what a close to the story arc. That game was seriously well done.

I wonder if Metroid Prime 4's story will happen sometime after Metroid Dread? Well, I suppose it's more likely that the story will be set before Dread/

• The Sarien Encounter

My guess is before. But I suppose anything's possible. It being named Metroid Prime almost necessitates Dark Samus being in the story somehow. Or at least the Metroid Prime. And the Metroids are eradicated by the end of Fusion for sure. But how many times can we kill off Dark Samus lol? Maybe it won't feature Dark Samus and instead be a new story, just riding on the aftermath of Prime 3 or something. I wonder if they'll reintroduce Phazon too for that matter.

Don't discount them calling it Prime 4 because it shares the same gameplay style as the previous ones and to a certain extent "brand recognition". Although Metroid would hardly be the first property to bring back someone who most definitely is dead...

• The Sarien Encounter

All true.

I want to think we will actually get to do some bounty hunting in MP4, given how Sylux was heavily hinted at in Metroid Prime 3. Also that Federation Force ending (which is canon) pretty much confirmed metroids are back:

User is offline   gemeaux333 

even if the remaster of Metroid Prime trilogy look impressive, I am reluctant to buy games I already own... twice, and for all of them

• The Sarien Encounter

Personally, I buy every version and release of many of my favourite games. Namely Zelda, Metroid, King's Quest, and Space Quest.

View Postgemeaux333, on 11 March 2023 - 08:31 PM, said:

even if the remaster of Metroid Prime trilogy look impressive, I am reluctant to buy games I already own... twice, and for all of them

If the remaster was of the Metroid Prime Trilogy was as good as the original release I honestly would pay as well. Metroid Prime Remaster looks so good I don't mind throwing them money for their effort. And it also sends a message to Ninty that I want more of that. I wonder how much the game sold...

• The Sarien Encounter

Extremely well I keep hearing. I mean, the physical releases were sold out EVERYWHERE before they were officially released (except in Japan, where I ordered mine because I didn't want to wait). But it was the top selling game on the eshop for ages as I understand it. (it still might be I have no idea)

User is offline   gemeaux333 

I just got Metroid Prime Remastered and don't regret it, graphics with 30 times more polygons and 4 control modes

Ye. It's also 60 fps afaik. It surprises me this game runs so good given the upgrade. Which makes the pokemon games even more shitty in comparison... >:-(

This post has been edited by jkas789: 23 April 2023 - 07:08 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options