Duke4.net Forums: (LEAKED) Prey 1995 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

(LEAKED) Prey 1995

1995 build of Prey just leaked, it runs through DOSbox...

https://archive.org/details/prey-1195/

Posted this in another thread but figured it deserves its own.

Very little is shown, but it's interesting to say the least. More leaks coming??

This post has been edited by The Albino Ape: 24 December 2022 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

at this point I'm beginning to think all these leaks are coming from an anonymous ex-3DR employee

View PostNinety-Six, on 24 December 2022 - 07:54 PM, said:

at this point I'm beginning to think all these leaks are coming from an anonymous ex-3DR employee

At this rate I will not be surprised to see all the DNF builds leaked at some point.

Hell maybe even some Max Payne content.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I'd like to add that it may be one of the ex leads.

User is online   Dr.Panico 

Man, 2022 is year of prototype leaks, isn't it?

Had some fun playing around with this build. Sure, it's only one map and controls are a tad janky, but hey, that's something already! Hope to see more builds for Prey or for other Apogee/3DR games being released in the future.

Merry Xmas!!!

View Postbrullov, on 24 December 2022 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'd like to add that it may be one of the ex leads.

Either/or, really. Just all of a sudden all these ancient bits of 3DR software getting leaked all in the same year.

Either there's a man on the inside, or someone found gold in the local city dump.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 25 December 2022 - 06:30 AM

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

If I had to venture a guess it's just more petty bullshit between Scott/George and all the other people involved in this clusterfuck. To which I say to the former leaders of a golden goose machine - too bad. You guys pissed away over a decade of opportunity to make good on something, treated the fans like crap, and then entered into one of the worst deals i've ever seen in my life.

Seriously. They gave up the rights to this character to get a little more cash in their pockets. Like the weren't other developers out there that would have been in line to develop a new Duke game.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

What I find much more deplorable is how Gearbox ran the franchise into the ground with their eyes wide open, especially with Randy bragging so much after acquiring it.

View PostNightFright, on 27 December 2022 - 02:21 AM, said:

What I find much more deplorable is how Gearbox ran the franchise into the ground with their eyes wide open, especially with Randy bragging so much after acquiring it.

Acquire IP

Push unfinished game out the door

Create overpriced barely-functional anniversary port of beloved predecessor

Don't elaborate

Retire IP

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 27 December 2022 - 11:17 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Hopefully he will leak the Duke3D betas too.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It would be about freaking time.

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Scott Miller is most likely the guy doing the leaking. Everything points to him.

View PostOpenMaw, on 30 December 2022 - 09:05 PM, said:

Scott Miller is most likely the guy doing the leaking. Everything points to him.

Do explain.

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

He's got access. He's been very cavalier about things. He's being quite vocal about the contents/context of these leaks. He hasn't called for the leaks to be taken down. He's been having tiffs with both Nu3DR and Gearbox over the last year or two.

Scott.

User is offline   armani 

View PostOpenMaw, on 30 December 2022 - 09:05 PM, said:

also on Twitter he posted a lot about some of the old merchandise and fun stuff he found in a storage space he has...man is a saint

This post has been edited by armani: 09 January 2023 - 11:45 PM

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postarmani, on 09 January 2023 - 11:45 PM, said:

also on Twitter he posted a lot about some of the old merchandise and fun stuff he found in a storage space he has...man is a saint

No he's not. He's a grifter.

It's become apparent what the game is with these leaks. It's got nothing to do with any kind of a new (Duke) game. This is just petty bullshit, and likely an attempt to poach any talent that reveals itself trying to work on these projects.

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't believe Scott is leaking everything. I really don't. That would be a bad business decision. He's definitely capitalizing on it, but the risk is too great if he were exposed if he was behind it. Scott is anything but a bad businessman.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 January 2023 - 08:53 AM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Honestly, who gives a fuck who's leaking it? Loose lips sink ships, so I hope we never find out and the leaks continue to happen. It's some of the best times for Duke fans in recent years and I'd hate to see it get ruined because of a NARC. Not referring to anyone specifically here, but I see the question asked often elsewhere... like, fuck outta here with that shit.

This post has been edited by DNSKILL5: 12 January 2023 - 09:38 AM

User is online   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 January 2023 - 08:52 AM, said:

I don't believe Scott is leaking everything. I really don't. That would be a bad business decision. He's definitely capitalizing on it, but the risk is too great if he were exposed if he was behind it. Scott is anything but a bad businessman.

Him and Terry. They're trying to pull in talent to Apogee.

View PostDNSKILL5, on 12 January 2023 - 09:35 AM, said:

Honestly, who gives a fuck who's leaking it? Loose lips sink ships, so I hope we never find out and the leaks continue to happen. It's some of the best times for Duke fans in recent years and I'd hate to see it get ruined because of a NARC. Not referring to anyone specifically here, but I see the question asked often elsewhere... like, fuck outta here with that shit.

HAHAHA!

The person "not Scott" that is doing these leaks doesn't give a shit. That's why they're doing it.

What you're seeing is the game development equivalent of necroposting. The only reason its happening at all is because TPTB Do. Not. Give. A. Fuck.

This post has been edited by OpenMaw: 12 January 2023 - 09:56 AM

View PostOpenMaw, on 12 January 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

Wait, who's Terry?

The only reason its happening at all is because TPTB Do. Not. Give. A. Fuck.

I see this as a good thing, tbh. Gearbox has mishandled the franchise so goddamned poorly that not only did I already figure the IP was retired, I'm also celebrating it.

Between Duke being dead and Duke having a mockery of unfinished games trying to rely on name power alone because Randy for some idiotic reason believes Duke is still a household name when he hasn't been since the mid-2000s and so therefore can cheap out on releases just for them to flop

yeah I'll take dead. Maybe someday the IP can be bought by someone who gives a shit.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostNinety-Six, on 12 January 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

Wait, who's Terry?

Terry Nagy is the founder of the Apogee that started in 2008. He was originally the operations coordinator for the legacy company.

This post has been edited by DNSKILL5: 12 January 2023 - 10:39 AM

View PostDNSKILL5, on 12 January 2023 - 10:35 AM, said:

Terry Nagy is the founder of the Apogee that started in 2008. He was originally the operations coordinator for the legacy company.

Danke

• The Sarien Encounter

That part I agree with.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options