Duke4.net Forums: Star trek -doors with A-sprite. Why I need to hit switchbutton for twice? (SOLVED) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star trek -doors with A-sprite. Why I need to hit switchbutton for twice? (SOLVED)  "Star trek -doors with A-sprite. Why I need to hit switchbutton for tw"

User is offline   pmw 

Hey,

I got a little but hard problem.

I got a star trek -door with A-sprite, and switch-button on wall which opens a star trek -door.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Just like that. But when I hit that switch-button, nothing happens. Switch-button only goes to "status green" and that's it. But when I hit it again, star trek -door opens and switch-button goes red.

I just can't figure out, why I need to hit switch for twice?

This post has been edited by pmw: 12 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

I use a lot of these doors in my mod, but don't have this issue. All I can imagine is that you've done something a little bit different to what you should have during the construction process. Care to post a test map? If you want, you can even just make a map with two rooms seperated by one of these doors I could take a look at.

*edit* I've attached a little test map using a basic star trek style door. It's not pretty, but if you pull it apart it should show you everything you need to know regarding the sector tags and whatnot. Have you also tried different wall switches?

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Sobek: 07 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

User is offline   pmw 

View PostSobek, on Aug 8 2009, 03:31 AM, said:

Attachment doortest.zipI use a lot of these doors in my mod, but don't have this issue. All I can imagine is that you've done something a little bit different to what you should have during the construction process. Care to post a test map? If you want, you can even just make a map with two rooms seperated by one of these doors I could take a look at.

*edit* I've attached a little test map using a basic star trek style door. It's not pretty, but if you pull it apart it should show you everything you need to know regarding the sector tags and whatnot. Have you also tried different wall switches?

I check'd your map, but there was only slide doors?
I've done lot of slide doors, those work fine.

And you can download map from here, I would appreciate if you can look at it.

Just start a map and you'll see the star trek door (green "curtain-door") which is not working correctly.

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

All good. The problem was that your two door sides didn't meet together in the middle of the door, there was a very slight gap. So with that gap there, the first thing the door does when you flick the switch is to just close that small gap (you could easily miss the movement if you weren't looking directly at the seam), then when you hit it again, the door opens like normal. I attached it with the fixed door, if you want to save yourself the trouble :blink:

So basically just make absolutely sure that in future any doors like that connect at their middle point, rather than have any gaps.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  apmw6.zip (420.47K)
    Number of downloads: 149

User is offline   pmw 

View PostSobek, on Aug 11 2009, 08:10 AM, said:

All good. The problem was that your two door sides didn't meet together in the middle of the door, there was a very slight gap. So with that gap there, the first thing the door does when you flick the switch is to just close that small gap (you could easily miss the movement if you weren't looking directly at the seam), then when you hit it again, the door opens like normal. I attached it with the fixed door, if you want to save yourself the trouble :blink:

So basically just make absolutely sure that in future any doors like that connect at their middle point, rather than have any gaps.

Oh ok. Thanks very much. Tiny problem but so hard to figure out. Anyway, big thanks to you!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options