Duke4.net Forums: Eduke and Dukeplus 2.05 Questions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eduke and Dukeplus 2.05 Questions  "Modifying max ammo/Quick pipebomb?"

Hey, I just want to start by saying Dukeplus reinvented my favorite pc game from growing up. Its like playing it again, and being a nostalgic person, its such a great feeling.
I was reviewing the con files alot for Dukeplus. I cant find the place to modify the max ammo capacity like in the original duke, and trying to merge the files is incompatible due to difference in coding imo. Maybe i'm just blowing steam, i'm not a massive coding expert. Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks for the amazing mod
-Ajax.

This post has been edited by AjaxCornfed: 05 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostAjaxCornfed, on Aug 5 2009, 08:58 AM, said:

Hey, I just want to start by saying Dukeplus reinvented my favorite pc game from growing up. Its like playing it again, and being a nostalgic person, its such a great feeling.
I was reviewing the con files alot for Dukeplus. I cant find the place to modify the max ammo capacity like in the original duke, and trying to merge the files is incompatible due to difference in coding imo. Maybe i'm just blowing steam, i'm not a massive coding expert. Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks for the amazing mod
-Ajax.

Glad you like it. The values for maximum ammo can be found in USER.CON, where they have been since the old days (DukePlus does not change that). USER.CON is not part of Duke Plus. It's one of the original CON files which should be in your Duke folder, or if not, it must be inside of your duke3d.grp

View PostDeeperThought, on Aug 6 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

Glad you like it. The values for maximum ammo can be found in USER.CON, where they have been since the old days (DukePlus does not change that). USER.CON is not part of Duke Plus. It's one of the original CON files which should be in your Duke folder, or if not, it must be inside of your duke3d.grp

Thanks for the reply, but it appears that dukeplus refuses to read the user.con file. Does one overwrite the other?

View PostDeeperThought, on Aug 6 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

I fixed it and found out what to do. I had to add a line in Eduke to read the user.con file i copied into that directory. Thanks for the direction though.
PS. An idea for Dukeplus? Alternate ammo, it would be sweet.

I'm presuming you just put your edited user.com into your normal Eduke(with eduke32.exe) folder and it should work fine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options