Duke4.net Forums: My modpack for DNF 2001 (WIP) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My modpack for DNF 2001 (WIP)

This is my WIP modpack for DNF 2001, I'm not sure if I'll come back to it and update it: https://www.mediafir...ck_WIP.rar/file
Installation instructions are inside, but it'a basically just unpacking the folders listed there on DNF01's root folder and hitting okay on overwriting whatever files it asks you to.
Modpack was designed in mind for vanilla + megapatch, but should work on vanilla alone as well.

As for the changes:
Spoiler

Have fun! there are a few related issues listed in issues.txt, this is a WIP after all.

User is offline   jkas789 

Oooooooh! Thanks for the hard work Future. I was avoiding playing DNF 2001 out of principle (God damned discord server is full of fucking pricks) but maybe I will go out of my way to do so now that you posted this.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'm adamently against trying to "fix" or "finish" DNF 2001 because we're dealing with the Mona Lisa of video games here. It is what it is, it's art, unfinished, from decades ago, and people simply can't finish what they were trying to do back then with any degree of authenticity. When I see the memry and other stupidity trying to be shoved into the restoration project I check out completely.

But this is pretty freaking cool. My hat is off to you.

Thx 2 u all!
If I ever do get back to the modpack, my goal would be to effectively finish implementing all the planned enemies, guns, vehicles and bosses, bringing them to what a retail level quality release would have. (prob not gonna be in a single update, goes without saying heh and that's assuming if I do get back to it proper) Also prob more bugfixes to shit I wasn't able to fully fix. Basically render the game feature complete and stable enough, leaving that as a base for people to make whatever they want, whether it's something as silly as a Dookie Nukem sequel, or an actual map pack or campaign.
I might skip out on implementing Plasm, the Grays and Negaduke though. Not enough visual assets were done for them (and none for Negaduke at this point in dev).

On a slightly different note, here's an addendum to the modpack:Attached File  Addendum to the modpack.rar (4.25K)
Number of downloads: 158
Delete dngame.u, place these in your dngame/classes folder and recompile.
What it does:
- Fixes the PRESSURE text in the Freezer so it matches the rest of the HUD (number is a bit small unfortunately)
- Fixes the Pistol's Piercing rounds to actually pierce thru EDF and Riot Shields as intended.

Have fun!

So, I have an announcement to make - I will no longer be updating the modpack...as I will be working instead on the DNFDX mod by Meowth. This mod is aiming to complete 2001 but we are aiming to be as accurate as possible to 3DR's intent, feel, tone and spirit. I've said it before, of course nothing can ever be 100% accurate, at the end of the day, a restoration of 2001 is impossible. But a reconstruction of it that is accurate in tone, intent and feel I believe is fully possible IMO.
Here are some shots of what I've been working on:
Holoduke WIP:

Posted Image

Extremely early Sandworm WIP:

Posted Image

Bellowsaur Scream state WIP:

Posted Image

TeslaRaptor straferun dodging WIP:

Posted Image

I've been able to fix the bug with the AlienPig doing nothing half the time, as well as the turrets being able to actually track you.
The planned spit attack for the podprotector has been implemented but still needs work atm.

Release date for the project is "When It's done" but I do personally hope to get the game's SP features complete by mid 2023 (bosses may be an exception given the unique nature of some of them, i.e. Proton's ship being a series of levels and events), in other words, guns, enemies, items and vehicles + and try to squash the most critical bugs (I've already did some with the modpack, like the EMP crash or the Terminator crash). That would give us a solid base to work off from.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options