Duke4.net Forums: Ender Lilies - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ender Lilies

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights is a metroidvania that I just finished yesterday. Nevermind the goofy title and that the protagonist looks like a little girl, this is a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed. It hits all the marks that a metroidvania should -- controls are tight, combat and progression are satisying, exploration is rewarded, the world is well-designed and aestheticallly pleasing and the story is surprisingly good. Check it out if you like metroidvania style games.

I learned of the game from this review:

User is offline   jkas789 

I totally have. The game is an absolute jewel. I think I recommended it that in the metroidvania sub some moths ago. Which reminds me to post in there the new update for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjkas789, on 27 August 2022 - 11:20 PM, said:

I totally have. The game is an absolute jewel. I think I recommended it that in the metroidvania sub some moths ago. Which reminds me to post in there the new update for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

tbh I forgot that thread existed or I would have posted there instead. I even checked for a thread like that but I didn't check thoroughly enough.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't appear that you mentioned it in that other thread, at least I couldn't find a mention of it in the thread searching the string 'ender"

This post has been edited by Danukem: 28 August 2022 - 12:24 AM

View PostDanukem, on 27 August 2022 - 11:58 PM, said:

tbh I forgot that thread existed or I would have posted there instead. I even checked for a thread like that but I didn't check thoroughly enough.

EDIT: Actually it doesn't appear that you mentioned it in that other thread, at least I couldn't find a mention of it in the thread searching the string 'ender"

My bad then. I may have mandela that from another post I made in another forum or something. Still the game is fantastic and a must play in terms of Metroidvanias. Man we are getting spoiled this days.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjkas789, on 28 August 2022 - 06:29 PM, said:

Man we are getting spoiled this days.

Yup, and I'm pretty sure I know why. A lot of people grew up playing the classic metroidvanias but then the industry just decided not to make them. Well those people grew up and were like "fuck it, I'll make my own damn metroidvania!" which is why we have so many awesome ones made by small developers.

It's like horror games. Suddenly the industry decided they didn't sell and now indies are just dominating that niche.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options