Duke4.net Forums: Oblivion's Military base alternate exit help. (and a certain secret) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oblivion's Military base alternate exit help. (and a certain secret)

User is offline   Man 'o War 

So i'm trying to 100% this map, and no matter how i try, i cannot find 1 secret, (the laser-locked door near the red key at the bottom of the staircase after the exploding liquid....how do i open it?) and also the entrance to the infamous pipesystem. Can someone help me out?

after looking at mapster32 for 2 hours, (lotag search doesn't work, for my keyboard...) i managed to find the switch to said secret. Jesus, who would put it there? I would still like some help regarding the alternate exit.

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostMan, on 16 August 2022 - 10:10 AM, said:

after looking at mapster32 for 2 hours, (lotag search doesn't work, for my keyboard...) i managed to find the switch to said secret. Jesus, who would put it there? I would still like some help regarding the alternate exit.

Instead of using lotag search, you can always aim your cursor in Mapster 2D mode at an activator and hold Left-Shift, so it will draw an orange line leading to everything with matching channels (so the same lotag for activator and switch, for example).

User is offline   NNC 

View PostAleks, on 16 August 2022 - 10:39 AM, said:

Instead of using lotag search, you can always aim your cursor in Mapster 2D mode at an activator and hold Left-Shift, so it will draw an orange line leading to everything with matching channels (so the same lotag for activator and switch, for example).

It can still give problems if the map is too big, and the other end of the line is somewhere far away. Yet, it's the most brilliant Mapster32 feature. Or was that available in the old Build days?

View PostAleks, on 16 August 2022 - 10:39 AM, said:

This is great help, will check out!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostThe Watchtower, on 16 August 2022 - 10:49 AM, said:

It can still give problems if the map is too big, and the other end of the line is somewhere far away. Yet, it's the most brilliant Mapster32 feature. Or was that available in the old Build days?

just grab the activator/sprite and drag it towards it's matching partner.
quit without saving
no harm done

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 August 2022 - 09:56 AM

View PostMan, on 16 August 2022 - 05:14 AM, said:

So i'm trying to 100% this map, and no matter how i try, i cannot find 1 secret, (the laser-locked door near the red key at the bottom of the staircase after the exploding liquid....how do i open it?) and also the entrance to the infamous pipesystem. Can someone help me out?

I described how to get to the pipe system starting from here, and my following posts in that thread:

https://forums.duke4...post__p__364265

tl;dr: Beat the cube map by starting it from the main menu. This will eventually take you to the military base level, and this will activate this alternate path.

It will also activate an alternate path in the Doombase level, with a new boss in it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options