Duke4.net Forums: Mapster Debug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster Debug  "Crashed"

User is offline   Paul B 

Mapster32_debug 20220709-10115-d496daf54

Started up Mapster to see the progress in the latest build since it's been a few years since i've touched it. I loaded a map entered 3D mode and typed in console: setrendermode 4.
After doing so the program crashed with "Quit, Continue or Ignore" buttons. I believe I chose continue which dumped me back to my desktop. Below is the info written to the debug log.
Caught exception 0xC0000005 at 0x000001E21B41FCFD: Access violation.
0x000001E21B41FCFD : [unknown module] : [unknown file]
0x00000001EF5FF280 : [unknown module] : [unknown file]
Tue Jul 19 13:22:21 2022
---------------

Not sure what help that will bring. It also crashes to desktop using regular Mapster.exe and in full screen / minimized window mode. My Windows 10 Version is 21H2. The only Anti-Virus software I have is the built in Microsoft Windows ATP.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 19 July 2022 - 12:11 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Was this a fresh install or was it an existing folder?

I ask because maybe your cfg files from a couple of years ago might be conflicting with newer Mapster.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostMark, on 20 July 2022 - 10:39 AM, said:

Was this a fresh install or was it an existing folder?

I ask because maybe your cfg files from a couple of years ago might be conflicting with newer Mapster.

Valid point so just to make sure I installed EDuke into a clean folder and experienced the same results. Just for $hits and Giggles i'm going to download the latest Nvidia Display Driver. Version: 516.59 as I suspect this error to be a problem with the Video Driver or Video Renderer.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 July 2022 - 12:35 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Send me the map and I'll fix whatever it is.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostTerminX, on 21 July 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

Send me the map and I'll fix whatever it is.

Thanks TerminX! However, I can start up a brand new newboard.map with a single sector and the same problem occurs. Doesn't appear to be specific to any particular map.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 July 2022 - 12:16 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options