Duke4.net Forums: Blood: Fresh Supply is getting a physical collector's edition. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood: Fresh Supply is getting a physical collector's edition.  "I sleep... again..."

User is offline   jkas789 

I'm pretty sure everyone has already heard about this but I'm making a post anyway.

Long story short is that Limited Run games is releasing a physical collectors version of Blood: Fresh Supply.

Attached File  Blood_Mockup_Market_Banner_CE_600x.png (326.01K)
Number of downloads: 36

At 150 freedom bucks, this release comes with a pc case, stickers, a keychain, some art and a toy figure of Caleb. Suffice to say, the internet has been going nuts about it and Atari has already started shilling the game as well.

Even if Blood: Fresh Supply was a buggy mess that still hasn't been completely fixed to this day.

Thought's on this? Personally I can't believe people will actually buy an incomplete product and enable Atari's shitty business practices even more.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Well, some of the goodies are nice, but not $150 nice. I would've totally spent $150 if it included the DOS versions of OUWB instead of the abomination that is Nightdive's "Fresh Supply". It's a fresh supply alright... a fresh supply of steaming dogshit.

I think the other stuff included is pretty good though, it's just not worth that price in my opinion. To me, it would've made more sense to package the DOS games on disc or just put the files needed to run via a sourceport onto the USB. Nobody is playing via Fresh Supply if they're a die-hard enough fan to buy this, they're going to use one of the source ports available now instead.

This post has been edited by DNSKILL: 01 July 2022 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View Postjkas789, on 01 July 2022 - 10:57 AM, said:

Thought's on this? Personally I can't believe people will actually buy an incomplete product and enable Atari's shitty business practices even more.

Posted Image

User is offline   Malgon 

Looks kind of cool (the liquid-filled mousepad sounds interesting), but 150 bucks sounds pretty steep for what you're getting.

User is offline   Avenger 

How pathetic is it that the priority for this is a physical release to cash in even more when atari/nightdive essentially gave up on making it run correctly by fixing all the bugs first? Anyone that buys this is only contributing to the cess pool that the modern game industry has become where studios get away with charging outragous prices for incomplete garbage.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 11 July 2022 - 09:17 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

NightDive didn't give up, they ran out of time. Atari is the culprit here.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I dunno, if you feel it's cheap and sucks...just don't buy that.

And that poor Blood:FS port went dead before got fixed properly because of that stupid publisher...too bad. :(

View PostPlayer Lin, on 14 July 2022 - 08:27 AM, said:

I dunno, if you feel it's cheap and sucks...just don't buy that.

And that poor Blood:FS port went dead before got fixed properly because of that stupid publisher...too bad. :(

This is exactly the sentiment that created the loot box mess we have now.

Sadly mouth breathers will buy anything sporting a logo they like.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 17 July 2022 - 09:57 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostAvenger, on 17 July 2022 - 09:56 AM, said:

This is exactly the sentiment that created the loot box mess we have now.

Sadly mouth breathers will buy anything sporting a logo they like.

Feel a little disagreed the first line but I don't know how to explain my shit better...I just feel if loot box become a mess, it's because many people want buy that and want to try their luck for wasting their money, no matter you agreed or not, just like those shitty P2W games...

Still, yeah...if people want that shit, they will still to buy, no matter how expensive and how shitty it looks like.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 03 August 2022 - 06:03 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 July 2022 - 07:40 AM, said:

NightDive didn't give up, they ran out of time. Atari is the culprit here.

Thank god someone understands. Im sick of people throwing shit at nightdive when they did the best they could.
Also, fuck atari for not give the original code and not permiting nightdive to continuing to patch the game.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   jkas789 

View Post# 1 duke nukem spanish fan, on 03 August 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

Thank god someone understands. Im sick of people throwing shit at nightdive when they did the best they could.

You see, I also would be positive if it wasn't a trend that when they release a game there is a good chance something is fucked up. Just look at the Blade Runner: Fucked up Enhanced Edition. At some point we gotta stop saying "oh, Nightdive tried their best, it's a small indie studio" and put them on blast for their fuck ups.

View Post# 1 duke nukem spanish fan, on 03 August 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:

Also, fuck atari for not give the original code and not permiting nightdive to continuing to patch the game.

Nightdive should have known better that the timeline wasn't adequate to release a fully functional port and fix all the bugs. This isn't their first rodeo and quite frankly giving them a free pass while entirely scapegoating atari is nonsense. Kaiser who works for nightdive developed the kex engine that the port runs on so he knows all of it's intricacies and limitations to a T. Both parties share a piece of the blame.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAvenger, on 06 August 2022 - 02:50 AM, said:

Nightdive should have known better that the timeline wasn't adequate to release a fully functional port and fix all the bugs.

you realize only one party needs to have no comprehension of what is and isn't an acceptable timetable, right

execs pull that shit all the time and have been doing it since the 80s

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Atari of the 2000s is no the same as Atari of the 70s,80s and 90s.

Anyway, here's something off the Blood discord

Posted Image

Yeah, the Atari that claims to be Atari these days is actually Infogrames, they somehow managed to snag up the rights to a lot of different companies back during the early '00s. There's at least 2 companies still using the name Atari these days, and I think the other one exclusively deals in arcade titles.

View PostNinety-Six, on 06 August 2022 - 03:01 AM, said:

you realize only one party needs to have no comprehension of what is and isn't an acceptable timetable, right

execs pull that shit all the time and have been doing it since the 80s

You realize that putting nightdive on a pedestal when they contributed to the problem by taking on a project without a realistic amount of time to complete it instead of turning it down is sheer ignorance, right?

Like I said, nightdive isn't a bunch of amateurs working on their first retro re-release. They should have known better but prioritized dollar signs instead of an acceptable finished product. This is especially important in this case when there are several competing ports available. If it wasn't going to be perfect than why bother? There was already better alternatives at the time and still are today.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 06 August 2022 - 11:01 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postjkas789, on 04 August 2022 - 09:16 PM, said:

You see, I also would be positive if it wasn't a trend that when they release a game there is a good chance something is fucked up. Just look at the Blade Runner: Fucked up Enhanced Edition. At some point we gotta stop saying "oh, Nightdive tried their best, it's a small indie studio" and put them on blast for their fuck ups.

Sure. But Blood isn't it. Big companies hiring small developers to do a product for them continues to be a disappointing prospect. Look at Sonic Origins.

Blade Runner has no excuse though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 August 2022 - 05:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options