Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 texture filter glitch - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 texture filter glitch

In EDuke32 whenever I use bilinear or trilinear in texture filter option there is a graphical glitch involving the machinegun I believe it’s in the fourth weapon slot. Below is a link to a screenshot showing the problem. Look closely at the machinegun sprite.

http://img13.imagesh...63/33020870.png

Could anybody tell me way this is happening.

User is offline   Gambini 

That happens because the chaingun hud is made with two tiles, the one at the bottom is static and the one with the cannons is animated. They´re merged but the trilineal texture filter, adds a smooth border around all the non-square sprites. Use near_mm_near filter if you can´t live with it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Don't use filters, they make the game look like trash.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I tend to agree... the texture filtering is best left to stuff like the HRP. Filtering the classic sprites just makes 'em blurry and takes away their charm.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTX, on Aug 2 2009, 02:36 PM, said:

I tend to agree... the texture filtering is best left to stuff like the HRP. Filtering the classic sprites just makes 'em blurry and takes away their charm.

Filtering looks good on effects sprites (fires, lasers, teleporters, etc). Too bad there's no way to apply it selectively. Actually, having a filtered game world and a non-filtered HUD might be badass. Would that be possible?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options