Duke4.net Forums: Embassy - assets from the unreleased game on Build Engine - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Embassy - assets from the unreleased game on Build Engine

Hello. You may have heard about Embassy game. Okay, I don't think you do. It's Cyberlore Studios game (authors of add-on for HoMM2, turn-based strategy game), which eventually was in development on Build Engine before switching to Unreal engine... and it never got released.

Folks from Unreal fan-base (thanks to L.E.O. and Delacroix) found out stuff from the game and released it to the public. There were also prototype maps on Build engine, what work perfect on Eduke32 with Duke Nukem 3D assets (I think it was developed on DN3D firstly). I have found no traces in internet that it was being discussed or researched on Build-games forums, so I'd like to post an archive with Build Engine materials made during the development. Maybe somebody will find something interesting there.

Link - https://disk.yandex..../Ncx6LRsip6CqHg

User is offline   ck3D 

Hi, thanks for sharing this here. I've downloaded the archive and will be getting into its contents sometime during the week, looks like a pretty complete one too with a lot of .art files and a bunch of maps as you said (although I haven't peeped yet to realize how possibly empty). I tried conducting some research about Embassy because the dev history sounded interesting, but couldn't find much. On the other hand, I'm getting results regarding a game by the same studio and with the same fate called Emissary (surely it's the same one?):

This post has been edited by ck3D: 13 June 2022 - 06:07 AM

User is offline   dwtietz 

I'm also interested in knowing if this post is related to Emissary, or is it known for certain that this is regarding some other project named Embassy?

I haven't seen any text files that provide any confirmation one way or the other. There are no .con files, and nothing in the .art files that indicate a title screen tile change, or anything else that confirms what project that this would be related to.

The only ART file with any changes is TILES013.ART

Otherwise this is just a package with some amateur vanilla usermaps, lots of them being maps the authors used to learn how to use the editor.

Yeah, I went through the art files yesterday, and the maps last night and noticed the same thing. There aren't even any con files and the few text files that are present don't mention anything related to Emissary either. It's too bad - Even if it were just a little bit I was hoping to find something a bit more substantial than what I've seen.

I'm sorry. Technical error. The right name of this game was "Emissary". Not "Embassy".

View PostSucker Punch, on 18 June 2022 - 12:40 PM, said:

I'm sorry. Technical error. The right name of this game was "Emissary". Not "Embassy".

No worries - That's pretty much what we all thought you'd meant anyway.

Despite there not being anything substantial to see, I for one am still thankful that you did share what you'd come across with the rest of us. The intent is very much appreciated.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options