Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem the movie - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem the movie  "Duke Nukem make his way to the big screen"

User is offline   Player Lin 

Almost every video game theme of movies/shows/whatever on recent years, end up just fucked up and ruined(on some degrees or all).

I just don't know how can I have any of hope about that...? :unsure:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 August 2022 - 02:31 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 04 August 2022 - 02:31 AM, said:

Almost every video game theme of movies/shows/whatever on recent years, end up just fucked up and ruined(on some degrees or all).

I just don't know how can I have any of hope about that...? :unsure:

I actually think we are in a better time for videogame adaptations. Don´t get me wrong there is a lot of shit, but if the sonic movie succeded after all the shit that happend to her, why that fuck no.

User is offline   Aleks 

View PostNinety-Six, on 03 August 2022 - 03:42 PM, said:

It will be almost impossible if they emasculate him, though. (...) Making a Duke movie right now, in the current climate, there is almost no hope he survives the process and comes out the other side still looking like Duke Nukem.

You know, I dunno about that. I've just finished watching The Boys series on Amazon Prime a few days ago and it was exactly how I'd imagine a perfect formula for a Duke movie would be. It was stupidly high-budget, but also extremely mocking of all the corporate culture/virtue signalling/celebrity worship bullshit. Also there's been a lot of very graphic, over the top violence and sex scenes and lots of jokes referencing the popular culture. My point is, it's still possible to create a good show/movie with a high budget that's actually not white males trying too hard to push representations of all the possible minorities in a woke, virtue signalling way that is borderline offensive to said minorities because of the stereotypes.

The problem with a Duke movie would be to actually make it something more interesting than just a generic 80-90's nostalgia wank with a plot that you can blindly predict 2 minutes into watching.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Post# 1 duke nukem spanish fan, on 04 August 2022 - 04:10 AM, said:

I actually think we are in a better time for videogame adaptations. Don´t get me wrong there is a lot of shit, but if the sonic movie succeded after all the shit that happend to her, why that fuck no.

I know there are some good results even was suffered some backlashes, but the failed rate still ridiculously high enough in most cases.

That's why I always say "Only cared when it finally happened(and see how it goes)". :P

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostNinety-Six, on 31 July 2022 - 11:10 PM, said:

Time to Kill, Zero Hour, Land of the Babes, Duke Nukem 1.

I think it beats Zelda by number, actually. I can only think of three where time travel played a significant role outside of a single dungeon or something.

Actually no. You have Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword (a whole area is centered around time travel, not just a dungeon), Hyrule Warrior Age of Calamity (kinda time travel that sparks a separate timeline), Original Hyrule Warriors (the main campaign happens in the War Across the Ages), Oracle of Ages (you travel between past and present ala Ocarina of Time).

Twilight Princess is the one were you get that one of dungeon were you travel back in time inside the Temple of Time.

But yes, you are right that Duke Nukem's timeline is probably even more fucked up.

EDIT: also, Skyward Sword has that whole "lost technology" shtick that makes me think that maybe the goddesses may be something like aliens or something. Fi is basically an AI.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 04 August 2022 - 10:54 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

At the risk of thread derailment,

View Postjkas789, on 04 August 2022 - 10:51 PM, said:

Actually no. You have Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword (a whole area is centered around time travel, not just a dungeon), Hyrule Warrior Age of Calamity (kinda time travel that sparks a separate timeline), Original Hyrule Warriors (the main campaign happens in the War Across the Ages), Oracle of Ages (you travel between past and present ala Ocarina of Time).

I was counting MM, OoT, and OoA, but deliberately not counting SS.

If the area in question is the Sand Sea, I left that out because I don't think it qualifies as time travel. To be honest I have no idea what it qualifies as and every time I try to figure out where the hell that giant ugly squid monster came from I get a headache. Because with the way the timeshift stones work does that mean the squid was just hanging out under the ship the whole time or what

side rant it bugs me that after setting up the captain of the ship, he's just a miniboss and the real boss is a fugly cyclops from out of literally nowhere

HR, you got me on those. I never played them and honestly forgot they even existed.

Someone might've asked this before. But I don't feel like searching, so I'll ask. Two questions, should they base the movie on the story of Duke Nukem 1? And if so, should Duke wear his infamous pink vest? Been curious about this for a while, because I don't know personally if I could take the pink vest seriously.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 05 November 2022 - 06:59 PM, said:

should they base the movie on the story of Duke Nukem 1?

Setting aside the part where I hope we don't ever see a Duke movie until we get past this cultural hellhole,

Should they? I don't know. Honestly, I think it would be better if it was set much later. With the way Duke's character is, I think he works better as a static character, and so one better in more of a mentor role. The comics went that route with him.

Alternatively, it should be set well before the first game, and show Duke's ascension into the ego-filled asskicker we know and love.

Neither are actually likely to happen however, and it would be based on 3D more than anything because iconic.

View PostNever Forgotten, on 05 November 2022 - 06:59 PM, said:

And if so, should Duke wear his infamous pink vest? Been curious about this for a while, because I don't know personally if I could take the pink vest seriously.

As I recall, they always wanted him to have the red shirt since the start, but the limited color palette of EGA graphics meant he would just look shirtless (because they chose red for his skin color). So even if it might be infamous, it doesn't overshadow the red shirt in iconic status. Likewise for the sunglasses. He didn't have them until 3D but they're just as iconic as the red vest, to the point where DN2 had an alternate version where they patched in the shades (that and maybe to explain where they came from in 3D).

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options