Duke4.net Forums: Little know facts about Duke Nukem - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Little know facts about Duke Nukem

User is offline   gemeaux333 

https://www.apogeeen...tle-known-facts

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Little known fact about Duke Nukem: when Duke fucks a man, it’s not because he’s gay, it’s because he has run out of women

User is offline   gemeaux333 

View PostPhredreeke, on 28 May 2022 - 08:38 AM, said:

Little known fact about Duke Nukem: when Duke fucks a man, it’s not because he’s gay, it’s because he has run out of women

Duke Nukem : "I have two sex : the one I have with your father, and the one I have with your mother"

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

http://www.youtubemu...tar-wars-ep.php

Holy Shit.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Little known facts for dookies, pretty sure most of us here knew just about all of these for over a decade or more Posted Image

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostDNSKILL420, on 30 May 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

Little known facts for dookies, pretty sure most of us here knew just about all of these for over a decade or more Posted Image

There were a few in there I didn't know. The Star Wars thing, Heavy Metal, the dog, and NegaDuke. The rest I did but it was a worthwhile read for me.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostNinety-Six, on 28 May 2022 - 09:32 AM, said:

The cuts are so perfect I'm almost willing to bet whoever edited the 2001 trailer actually had the Star Wars video on their timeline (say as an overlay track), spliced every individual shot and then just progressively replaced every single one with whatever from DNF 2001 matched best in terms of feel, many times respecting pacing to the very frame until there were no Star Wars clips left. I'm familiar with professional video editing and it really wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what the process actually was. Hilarious and fascinating at the same time. Must have been a lot of fun to do too.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 30 May 2022 - 06:54 PM

So the one thing DNF I thought was made by a creative genius was just another George Broussard rip. I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Yeah it seems to be a very rough copy of the structure of the Phantom Menace trailer (3 lines of text at the beginning, talking in the middle, logo at the end, action in-between) but I wouldn't say they match up perfectly.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 31 May 2022 - 08:18 AM, said:

Yeah it seems to be a very rough copy of the structure of the Phantom Menace trailer (3 lines of text at the beginning, talking in the middle, logo at the end, action in-between) but I wouldn't say they match up perfectly.

It may be funny because when I watched both side to side on that link Ninety-Six posted, I somehow managed to get them playing about one second off one another and so some of what I saw must have been coincidental happenstance. But I really caught on a bit more subtlety than your description. Every time there's a face shot of an ally, or antagonist in the Star Wars one, there's an equivalent in the 2001 one. Every time there's a display of massive scale architecture in SW, there's one in 2001. Every time there's a sequence of quick cut action shots in SW, there's one in 2001. Dialog and dramatic highs and lows too. The length of every sequence of each trailer (the text lines, footage, intermissions, logos etc.) also match up to the very second if not frame (hard to tell from how I watched it, but I really want to say frame). Someone somewhere must have had really specific instructions, haha.

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postck3D, on 31 May 2022 - 10:06 PM, said:

It may be funny because when I watched both side to side on that link Ninety-Six posted, I somehow managed to get them playing about one second off one another and so some of what I saw must have been coincidental happenstance. But I really caught on a bit more subtlety than your description. Every time there's a face shot of an ally, or antagonist in the Star Wars one, there's an equivalent in the 2001 one. Every time there's a display of massive scale architecture in SW, there's one in 2001. Every time there's a sequence of quick cut action shots in SW, there's one in 2001. Dialog and dramatic highs and lows too. The length of every sequence of each trailer (the text lines, footage, intermissions, logos etc.) also match up to the very second if not frame (hard to tell from how I watched it, but I really want to say frame). Someone somewhere must have had really specific instructions, haha.

Yeah there's a delay of 1-3 seconds from one of these trailers to the others (which maybe isn't exactly constant throughout even, but that might be the specific videos from Ninety-Six' post), but if you manage to sync them, it's close to perfection, at least in the first half or two-thirds. Also I finally understood why the hell did they put the boat turret sequence in the trailer, made me laugh when I realised what it was meant to "mimic".

User is offline   ck3D 

Yeah, IIRC occasionally things start drifting away a little from the SW trailer for ten seconds or so a couple of times. But I kind of read those moments as 'everything goes' chapters in the narrative of the trailer where suddenly it's not about what you show in detail anymore but just hitting the viewer omega hard with as many fancy effects and stimulating visuals you can throw their way. Basically wherever the MO is 'crazy action shit'. With that idea in mind I can still see the coherence in the parallel between the two timelines, it's just that if the goal is to show Duke universe stuff in lieu of SW universe stuff then of course the actual content will differ accordingly.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 01 June 2022 - 01:17 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options