Duke4.net Forums: WGDNF1.map RELEASED. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGDNF1.map RELEASED.

Download here. https://www.moddb.co...ownloads/wgmega
Requires eduke32.

Install a new snapshot of Eduke32 and Duke Nukem Atomic Edition. Extract this folder to your Eduke32 folder, and select the WGMEGA folder as the custom game content directory in your eduke32 startup menu.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I just played it and wasn't disappointed. There were a few renderer glitches in Polymost, but nothing that really pops into your face. My highlight was the showdown on the rooftop, of course. In general the keycard locations and where you have to use them is a bit tricky, but as usual you just have to play close attention to what the security monitors "tell" you. Gets my seal of approval.

Thanks!
I was wondering if the navigation via keycards and using the computers as switches was confusing but... thats that. :D
I just tested the map 2 player coop using netduke32 selecting the .grp as a mod. worked well. (y)

• The Truth is in here

I managed to get through it without getting stuck too much, even though I have to admit I was lost at first regarding where to use that red keycard. Again, a security monitor gives you a pretty obvious hint. Guess I am just too used to seeing access panels instead of using keycards on monitors or posters.

User is offline   Gambini 

Great adventure! I couldn´t beat it because i couldn´t find enough blue keys I guess. I got the red and used it, the same with the yellow, but then I ended in a loop I couldn´t figure out. Loved the open aeras up in the heigths and the yellow key was challenging! The two buildings thing was nice once I learned to identify which gameplay piece was on each. Great work the good old WG!

Thanks Gambini! I guess it was my fault for not making it more obvious. :)
Spoiler

I don't know if anybody noticed, but I literally used the first level from WGR1 as the base of this map, at first I just wanted to put a TROR roof on the house, but then dnf 2001 leaked so I made a slick willy with it. :D

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0031.jpg

UPDATE :V3.1

1) FIXED 2 BUGS IN WGDNF AND MADE KEYCARD/SWITCHES STAND OUT MORE.
2) ADDED COOP AND DM TO WGFANG AND WGCITY.
3) MADE THE NEW BARMUSIC SMALLER IN SIZE AND PUT IT IN THE GRP TO WORK IN MP, NOW THE PACK SHOULD BE 25MB SMALLER.

• The Truth is in here

Gonna replay this to see if it's easier to navigate now. However, since I already know how the map works, it shouldn't be as hard as before, anyway.

The changes were very subtle. :D

Mikkos review.
https://msdn.duke4.n...tslickwilly.php

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options