Duke4.net Forums: Things that stayed the same between DNF 2001 and 2011 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Things that stayed the same between DNF 2001 and 2011  "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

I was looking around Titty City to see how much of Slick Willy survived and while the entire level's layout is different, it looks like the hallway leading to the lap dance room managed to keep its layout more or less the same throughout all those years.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Are there any other map layouts in the leaked 2001 levels that have mostly stayed the same in DNF 2011?

User is offline   spessu_sb 

For some reason that's kinda depressing, about how little of the better stuff made it into the final game.

User is offline   Lunick 

Some comparisons here

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Both versions were released incomplete.

some of the western stuff from 2001 build looks like an HD version of Zero Hour or time to kill, makes me want to play those two again.

User is offline   necroslut 

PikaCommando, on 18 May 2022 - 05:31 AM, said:

I was looking around Titty City to see how much of Slick Willy survived and while the entire level's layout is different, it looks like the hallway leading to the lap dance room managed to keep its layout more or less the same throughout all those years.

I don't have a shot, but there's another part that has the opposite wall, with the mirror, couch and door.

From what I've discussed with one of the developers, alot of awesome stuff was created over the years that was abandoned and never made the final cut, but the general idea was consistent.

I can't remember when or where I saw it, but apparently the rc car puzzle was there for a very long time, might have made the 2003 build of the game.

This post has been edited by Benjamin Foley: 18 May 2022 - 02:30 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Benjamin Foley, on 18 May 2022 - 02:28 PM, said:

From what I've discussed with one of the developers, alot of awesome stuff was created over the years that was abandoned and never made the final cut, but the general idea was consistent.

I can't remember when or where I saw it, but apparently the rc car puzzle was there for a very long time, might have made the 2003 build of the game.

Which was something they took from Shadow Warrior too.

PikaCommando, on 18 May 2022 - 05:31 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Are there any other map layouts in the leaked 2001 levels that have mostly stayed the same in DNF 2011?

I dunno...a painfully nondescript hallway with two doors on one side and one door at the end hardly seems "similar". I can literally open my bedroom door and see the exact same thing. :P

I'm more interested in comparison between the overall structure, plot line, thematic elements, and recreations of real-life establishments(The Vegas Strip, Hoover Dam, etc), more or less as seen in the above NeoGamer video.

Both versions have their similarities - and I might try to point it out sooner down the road once I play both DNF 2001 and DNF 2011. For now I am also waiting for the 2007 build (based on the 2006 gameplay trailer of another build) and try to compare all three.

Detinator73, on 19 May 2022 - 01:40 AM, said:

Both versions have their similarities - and I might try to point it out sooner down the road once I play both DNF 2001 and DNF 2011. For now I am also waiting for the 2007 build (based on the 2006 gameplay trailer of another build) and try to compare all three.

I just want this version in its most completed form, the elusive December 2002 build, as is evidenced by word.

Some assets are recycled from Prey 1998.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dukeprey.jpg

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 19 May 2022 - 08:52 AM

User is offline   Malgon 

Damn, that's a good pickup!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options