Duke4.net Forums: DNF 2001 - Bugs and Errors - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF 2001 - Bugs and Errors  "Send here the bugs, glitches and errors in the leaked version."

User is offline   Xtreemo 

Hello everyone.

As expected, many people might be experiencing issues with the leaked DNF2001 game, and so do I.

I just joined the forums but I've been around The Duke Cave in Facebook for quite a while, and I've got influenced to join Duke4 at this very day. I hope I'm not bothering the mods by creating this thread.

I've found my first problem at this point: When I'm trying to Load a Game, I get a black screen and it stays that way, but the pause menu works if I press ESC. I try to load a game once again, but no success.

So I had an Idea: try to create a New Game. Then, when I try to Load a game through there, it crashes and this error shows up.

Posted Image

And I can't figure out a way around it.
Could someone help?

This post has been edited by Xtreemo: 10 May 2022 - 06:38 PM

I have an error too when I launch DukeForever.exe. The music starts playing but the screen stays black and this pops up:

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I saw someone say that if you get a blank white screen, just wait and it will eventually come up. But if you get a blank black screen, restart your PC and try again.

So, I wanted to play it and this comes up, what does it mean? https://cdn.discorda...576/unknown.png

This post has been edited by RodriGames40: 19 May 2022 - 01:39 PM

User is offline   Raziel 

If you're using the megapatch and get a blank screen you probably don't have a DX12 graphics card or you're having some other problem with the API wrappers they provided, try deleting these files to remove the D3D12/OpenGL wrappers that comes with the megapatch: d3d8.dll, d3d8.on12.dll, d3d.wine.dll, wined3d.dll.

If after that you're still having problems, try adding the latest d3d8.dll from this project: https://github.com/c...3d8to9/releases

This post has been edited by Raziel: 19 May 2022 - 03:09 PM

View PostRaziel, on 19 May 2022 - 03:08 PM, said:

If you're using the megapatch and get a blank screen you probably don't have a DX12 graphics card or you're having some other problem with the API wrappers they provided, try deleting these files to remove the D3D12/OpenGL wrappers that comes with the megapatch: d3d8.dll, d3d8.on12.dll, d3d.wine.dll, wined3d.dll.

If after that you're still having problems, try adding the latest d3d8.dll from this project: https://github.com/c...3d8to9/releases

My card is DX11.2, I thought that would be enough. Well, let me try.

View PostRodriGames40, on 20 May 2022 - 06:48 AM, said:

My card is DX11.2, I thought that would be enough. Well, let me try.

Update: It did nothing, it's not an API error. Check out the screenshot I posted to see what's about.

View PostXtreemo, on 10 May 2022 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hello everyone.

As expected, many people might be experiencing issues with the leaked DNF2001 game, and so do I.

I just joined the forums but I've been around The Duke Cave in Facebook for quite a while, and I've got influenced to join Duke4 at this very day. I hope I'm not bothering the mods by creating this thread.

I've found my first problem at this point: When I'm trying to Load a Game, I get a black screen and it stays that way, but the pause menu works if I press ESC. I try to load a game once again, but no success.

So I had an Idea: try to create a New Game. Then, when I try to Load a game through there, it crashes and this error shows up.

Posted Image

And I can't figure out a way around it.
Could someone help?

I have the same problem too.
Some of the levels work as they should, but others don't seem to load.

Example: when transitioning from Duke's penthouse/going along the edge of the roof, and then going through the double doors on the roof, the next level doesn't load.
When I go up the ladder it is just a dark, empty rooftop, nothing else loads.
When loading the level from the main menu, the screen just goes black and nothing happens (although the pause menu still comes up if I press Esc)
Does anyone know what the issue could be? There are other levels too which have this issue with the black screen, but not all of them...

Alright so it's actually an audio issue, only solvable by disabling your device... Now, I got this crash when entering in-game, what does it mean? https://media.discor...=229&height=457

This post has been edited by RodriGames40: 20 May 2022 - 05:32 PM

I know this is going to sound weird, but I start compiling all my notes on bugs, level progression, where the game actually has transitions, level pathing, errors, missing codes, how to get past certain section, hidden areas found using noclip, etc.

Anyways I just kind of compiled like 6 pages of notes on everything I could find on how to both explore and progress through what's in the 01 build, I've been using the October build with Mega Patch.

https://www.mediafir...WIPV2.docx/file

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options