Duke4.net Forums: [LEAKED] Duke Nukem Forever 2001 - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[LEAKED] Duke Nukem Forever 2001  "It is not a joke."

User is offline   Gorilla 

#61

View PostGorilla, on 03 December 2022 - 12:16 AM, said:

Sorry to be tardy to the party gentlemen, but has any one of you einstein-types made the level editor work yet? I dont know jack from jill but if I could figure a way to cook up a level of my own and load it into the game i'd be more than willing to try and learn the old magic.


Sorry for the double post, I answered my own question - the heaven sent kingly fellows remaking Duke4 have fixed us up a nice little slice to try out. It's more than enough to answer my question. If anyone else somehow has missed out on this dopalicious new development, look no further than right here

Now.... if anyone has any footage of them working around and showing off all the wonderful features....THAT'D be a treat :D

EDIT 3 - okay I also found just that and in case anyone else is a dipshit like myself but is also interested, viola

This post has been edited by Gorilla: 03 December 2022 - 01:56 AM

0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#62


5

User is online   Ninety-Six 

#63

I'm very curious about the story they're building. It seems like they're going with the original concept of it being a parasite, before the DN3D aliens were brought in. Which is an odd choice since by the 2001 version the aliens were back.

I did see a few Pig Cops in the trailer but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Those guys show up in every game whether it's the DN3D aliens or mutants or whatever.
0

User is offline   JohnBlade 

#64

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 December 2022 - 09:10 PM, said:




Amazing work! :wub:

So what is going to happen on 21st December? Do we get to try some sort of beta? :P
0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#65


0

#66

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 17 December 2022 - 09:10 PM, said:




First slice is out
https://www.moddb.co...-first-slice-10

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 December 2022 - 12:19 PM

2

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#67

Hope everyone enjoys our hard work on the First Slice over the past several months! It's in a much more stable state than the initial leak and the playability of the levels is just incredible. There's still a bit of residual jank though so beware of that. I'm really excited to continue working on it next year after the holidays!

I'm also putting together some of the new music I wrote for it and will be uploading it to YouTube and for download some time today.

Also, a disclaimer on the current release from the team in relation to said jank:

Quote

Alt-tabbing is broken and we're lookin at it soon! we recommend playing in windowed if you need to multi-task. also, make sure your directory has no spaces or non-english characters in it!


This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 December 2022 - 12:32 PM

6

User is offline   Outtagum 

#68

Duke's face looks like it got the Mickey Rourke treatment.
1

User is offline   fofo.rider 

#69

https://zupimages.net/up/22/51/zi8p.jpg
Thx ! :rolleyes:
0

User is offline   JohnBlade 

#70

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 December 2022 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hope everyone enjoys our hard work on the First Slice over the past several months! It's in a much more stable state than the initial leak and the playability of the levels is just incredible. There's still a bit of residual jank though so beware of that. I'm really excited to continue working on it next year after the holidays!

I'm also putting together some of the new music I wrote for it and will be uploading it to YouTube and for download some time today.

Also, a disclaimer on the current release from the team in relation to said jank:


Thank you so much for this release and big kudos to the rest of the team - it turned out much better than I could ever hope for.

I noticed couple of bugs including in the renderer - where is the best place to report those bugs?
I'm happy to report them on regular basis.

I can't join your discord though - it forces me to verify via a phone number with my current Internet service provider.

Btw is there a better way to take screenshots rather than the integrated system using F10 key? It freezes the whole game for like 5 seconds and generates couple of megabytes bmp file...
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#71

I'm not really sure. The Discord is currently the best place but if that's out of the question then I guess post it here. Or maybe just DM me and I'll pass it along.

If you're on Win10 try Win+Shift+S and select "Window Snip" at the top to capture the entire window. Or press Win+PrintScreen and it'll take a fullscreen shot and save it to the clipboard. You can also just press PrintScreen if you're on something earlier than Win10.
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#72

Realized I never dropped this here yet. And since this forum can't handle YT playlist embeds, here's just a link to the playlist and an embed for the first track:
https://www.youtube....Sbqs2GRvINxuzem



This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 December 2022 - 04:15 PM

2

User is offline   Malgon 

#73

Just finished listening to Rooftop and it's really great work! Going through the rest of the playlist now. Keep up the good work! :dukeaffirmative:
1

#74

Not Duke related but the 1995 build of Prey just leaked...

https://archive.org/details/prey-1195/

This post has been edited by The Albino Ape: 24 December 2022 - 05:59 PM

0

User is offline   JohnBlade 

#75

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 December 2022 - 10:23 AM, said:

I'm not really sure. The Discord is currently the best place but if that's out of the question then I guess post it here. Or maybe just DM me and I'll pass it along.

If you're on Win10 try Win+Shift+S and select "Window Snip" at the top to capture the entire window. Or press Win+PrintScreen and it'll take a fullscreen shot and save it to the clipboard. You can also just press PrintScreen if you're on something earlier than Win10.


Would you mind if I asked admins to setup a section for your mod in "Free hosted forums" and just report it there? I'm quite sure others would follow. 1 bug = 1 topic
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#76

View PostJohnBlade, on 26 December 2022 - 04:11 AM, said:

Would you mind if I asked admins to setup a section for your mod in "Free hosted forums" and just report it there? I'm quite sure others would follow. 1 bug = 1 topic


No, I don't think that's really appropriate. The rest of the mod leads are not even on this forum which means I'd probably be the one maintaining it and I don't want to do that lol. I've got enough to do.
0

User is offline   Malgon 

#77

Seeing all the recent releases of Prey 1995, Duke Nukem Endangered Species, and the DNF 1996 prototype, it seems there's more chance than ever of the later, more complete version of DNF being released as well. I'm guessing this is something that is an ongoing discussion for the DNF restoration team in the event of this happening (and probably was discussed before work on the project even began), and that there's a plan to easily allow the team to transition to the later version? It'd be a shame to lose any of the hard work completed so far, although I'm sure there would be ways to utilise it somehow and therefore minimise the losses.
1

User is offline   JohnBlade 

#78

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 26 December 2022 - 05:17 PM, said:

No, I don't think that's really appropriate. The rest of the mod leads are not even on this forum which means I'd probably be the one maintaining it and I don't want to do that lol. I've got enough to do.


How about posting it here? https://gitlab.com/D...mirror/-/issues

Is it your repository? Or where do you share your work? If you do not wish to post it publicly feel free to PM me I would like to help this project somehow.
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#79

We aren't going to be updating that repository on a regular basis so posting issues there would be pointless. Development is all private. Also a lot of the issues we're already aware of. The renderer especially is unfinished in a multitude of ways and is still being worked on. I'd say sit tight for now. When the time comes for another release we'll see what we can do about playtesting though. But that won't be for a while.
0

User is offline   JohnBlade 

#80

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 December 2022 - 11:14 PM, said:

We aren't going to be updating that repository on a regular basis so posting issues there would be pointless. Development is all private. Also a lot of the issues we're already aware of. The renderer especially is unfinished in a multitude of ways and is still being worked on. I'd say sit tight for now. When the time comes for another release we'll see what we can do about playtesting though. But that won't be for a while.


OK fair enough - when you are looking for more testers happy to help out - just PM me here.

Thanks again for great Xmas present :dukehappy:
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • The Sarien Encounter

#81

Well look at that. I wake up to find this:

Quote

We now have a proper Issue Board for logging bugs you run into. https://gitlab.com/t...ic-issues-board

Please read the Readme on the front page for proper issue format. any issues without proper formatting or labels will be deleted

0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options