Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] YijArt's Extended Arsenal Collection - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] YijArt's Extended Arsenal Collection

User is offline   dwtietz 

This is a game mod that takes all of YijArt's individual weapon mod packages and consolidates them together into a single package, allowing weapon selection changes to be made during an active game session in real time.

This small project is ready for some public testing now: https://www.moddb.co...enal-collection

If anyone has any suggestions at all regarding this re-release of YijArt's weapons feel free to let me know. I'm open to hearing anything at all, from suggested script changes, menu option suggestions, and even the name of the package as that's really just tentative at the moment.

Ah I see this is the first mod that uses the Addon Manager :)

Nice work. We'll try to get the manager ready and merged into mainline asap.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 09 May 2022 - 04:19 AM, said:

Ah I see this is the first mod that uses the Addon Manager :)

Nice work. We'll try to get the manager ready and merged into mainline asap.

And hopefully, by having at least a small handful of mods emerge with the Addon Manager system in mind from the get go, it might also help to get some more people to try out the test builds and provide additional feedback for you, which could also help with the new feature making it into the mainstream sooner. :)

I'll be updating ROZ-MOD soon too, which I also have the Addon Manager in mind for that next update (although it'll only have partial compatibility). Good news on that one is that not only will it be loadable with the Addon Manager, but it will also support more albums/music, and can be loaded together with this weapons mod (and likely a good number of others too).

Yeah His stuff was always really good!

User is offline   Diz 

any chance of an update to work with the recent Aftershock version?

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostDiz, on 19 December 2023 - 10:04 AM, said:

I think I remember dwtietz posting on the discord that YijArt is considering coming back to update his mods for Aftershock. He is working on Selaco though, so i would not hold my breath for a speedy update, if at all.

User is offline   Diz 

its the scripting part that needs an update not the actual art work so thats why im asking here

User is offline   jkas789 

If the problem is the scripting then short answer is maybe. Long answer is (and I'm sure @dwtietz who has more experience in con scripting will correct me) that afaik some of the mods don't really mess with actual weapon code. At the very least Ion Shotgun doesn't, again AFAIK. So in theory the Ion Shotgun should just be a "straight forward" sprite and sounds swap. Or at least as straight forward as creating new sprites, voxels and sounds can be. What Yij did for Ion Shotgun was make the new art + voxles + sounds and then replaced them in game via def file. And given that Aftershock adds new sprite states for the Shotgun I expect Yij would at least want to update the selector screen of the Ion Shotgun.

The problem is in Ion Ingram and the other Uzi replacers (again, AFAIK) as this ones do mess with weapon.con. While Ion Fury has a very well commented weapon con file, I'm sure it will take a while to code in the correct behaviour + testing.

Either wait for YijArt to do it, pay someone on Fiver to do it for you or learn to mod IF.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 21 December 2023 - 08:35 PM

User is offline   Diz 

look guys, im asking HERE in THIS topic because this is where the guy that did the scripting announced HIS release and asked for testing and suggestions. yijart only did the artwork.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDiz, on 21 December 2023 - 10:00 PM, said:

look guys, im asking HERE in THIS topic because this is where the guy that did the scripting announced HIS release and asked for testing and suggestions. yijart only did the artwork.

dwtietz is pretty active on the duke4 discord, but apparently he hasn't used these forums in over a month.

View PostDiz, on 19 December 2023 - 10:04 AM, said:

Sorry for such a late reply to this question. I don't pop into the forums all that often so I had missed seeing this.

The short answer to this question is "Yes and No"....

I do have it working in Aftershock now, including the Golden Gun mode, but I don't have any plans at this time to make it it's own stand alone mod. It will however be incorporated as a bundled component within the Ion Jungle project that SPYmaps and I are working on as YijArt has granted us with his approval to do so.

View Postjkas789, on 21 December 2023 - 08:30 PM, said:

If the problem is the scripting then short answer is maybe. Long answer is (and I'm sure @dwtietz who has more experience in con scripting will correct me) that afaik some of the mods don't really mess with actual weapon code. At the very least Ion Shotgun doesn't, again AFAIK. So in theory the Ion Shotgun should just be a "straight forward" sprite and sounds swap. Or at least as straight forward as creating new sprites, voxels and sounds can be. What Yij did for Ion Shotgun was make the new art + voxles + sounds and then replaced them in game via def file. And given that Aftershock adds new sprite states for the Shotgun I expect Yij would at least want to update the selector screen of the Ion Shotgun.

The problem is in Ion Ingram and the other Uzi replacers (again, AFAIK) as this ones do mess with weapon.con. While Ion Fury has a very well commented weapon con file, I'm sure it will take a while to code in the correct behaviour + testing.

Either wait for YijArt to do it, pay someone on Fiver to do it for you or learn to mod IF.

Oh, I wish it were as simple as just a straight forward swapping of tiles via def. While that is how Yij's original versions of the individual mods (each weapon type was it's own mod) basically worked, my bundling of the mods together don't work in the same way, and they don't replace the game's original weapon skins via def. All of YijArt's weapon skins exist in this mod with unique tile numbers of their own that don't replace the game's original art. Changing of the weapon skins between the game's original art or any of YijArt's variants is then handled via script modifications so that the game knows which weapon skin and sounds to use. Aftershock's weapon code appears to be quite different compared to v2.x as there were several updates made to the base game's code between these versions so I had a few extra quirks and bugs to iron out here while migrating his weapons over to Aftershock compatibility.

Another complication is that the keyboard key that I used for opening and closing the weapon changing menu in v2.x is now used for the Photomode in Aftershock, so I had to completely re-write that section so that the same key could be used for accessing both the Photomode menu and the YijArt weapon skins menu.

I also had to make a modified version of all of his weapon skin tiles to accommodate the Golden Gun mode, and to some extent the new alternate firing modes, which was a bit of a challenge (for someone that isn't particularly the greatest at art manipulation). Lastly, I had to revamp the code that displays the weapon wheel on the right hand of the screen to support the new modes of operation along with the new weapons in Aftershock that didn't exist in v2.x

Needless to say, it was actually a lot of work to get this going in Aftershock, but it was worth it. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options