Duke4.net Forums: The Mappening - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Mappening  "It's happening!"

User is online   Aleks 

Hey guys, just a shout out to the non-Discord/less-Discord crowd out there. We've had a nice little meeting on Google Meet about 2 months ago, where we could show our maps/do some live mapping and generally talk about mapping kinda stuff. Since that one apparently turned to be more successful and funny than anyone would expect, I've just proposed to have another one - this Saturday, 23rd April, 19:00 GMT. This time the venue would be Discord duke-4 channel voice chat (although gotta admit Google Meet worked surprisingly well, but recording a meeting there is quite painful, so maybe Discord would be a better option). Everyone's welcome to join and have some fun, unless you pretend to have a life and got better plans for this totally casual Saturday evening.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Very fun time, hope to see more like this in the future.

User is online   ck3D 

Guess who slept!

User is online   Aleks 

The next Mappening will be held this Saturday, 18th June at 19:00 UTC on the dedicated channel on duke4 Discord. This time, we're planning a little challenge of recreating one of the original Duke maps from memory and a speed mapping kind of event rather than the usual autistic "show me yours and I'll show you mine" stuff :)

User is online   Aleks 

After a long while, I'm planning to revive this event on Saturday, 15th April at 19:00 UTC at our usual place on Discord. If you have any preferences regarding the time, please let me know, so we might adjust.

Also, I'm open to the ideas of what we might do next time. Probably some speed mapping event would be a good idea on which we could elaborate more!

This post has been edited by Aleks: 30 March 2023 - 01:09 PM

User is online   Aleks 

View PostAleks, on 30 March 2023 - 01:09 PM, said:

After a long while, I'm planning to revive this event on Saturday, 15th April at 19:00 UTC at our usual place on Discord. If you have any preferences regarding the time, please let me know, so we might adjust.

Also, I'm open to the ideas of what we might do next time. Probably some speed mapping event would be a good idea on which we could elaborate more!

After some consultations on Discord, we have decided to postpone the Mappening until tomorrow, Sunday the 16th April, same time (19:00 UTC) same place. The potential themes that have been mentioned so far are "escape the room" and, for some reason which I cannot explain, "waterparks".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options