Duke4.net Forums: The Chrono Trigger / Cross corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Chrono Trigger / Cross corner  "the only successfull cooperation between Square and Enix ever"

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Chrono Trigger got a NDS port that was actually improving upon the original game, too bad it didn't sell enough to convince Square Enix to do more games based on this IP back then in 2008

a few weeks ago we got a remaster of Chrono Cross : "Radical Dreamers Edition", but this one have lots of problems, the overwhelming majority of them is performances related...

User is offline   jkas789 

Chrono Trigger and it's sequel Chrono Cross were fantastic games. I agree the NDS port is probably the most complete port of all of them however the PC port ain't that bad if you are completely against playing the NDS port. Such a shame what happened with Chrono Cross, I was really hoping they wouldn't half ass it.

User is offline   MObreck 

Oddly enough I only completely the original Chrono Trigger just last December. I played a hack of the SNES ROM which did some dialog tweaks and restored some content missing from the North American port.

And I forgot to revive Chrono. Derp.

This post has been edited by MObreck: 20 April 2022 - 02:46 PM

I still struggle to figure out the orientation taken by Chrono Cross back then

In the DS version of Chrono Trigger they had the good move to make some (good) fan service to link it to its sequel

I have no doubt they will fix the performance issues of the Radical Dreamers edition in the upcomming weeks... and with some fluke it will sell enough to justify the possibility to make a new game

In the meantime, If you have the PC version, you can use mods created to improve the framerate and the graphics among other

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 April 2022 - 09:11 AM

Now that Embracer is buying the Eidos assets from Square Enix, perhaps they should also buy the Chrono IP

It seems that Square Enix always wanted to sabotage Chrono Cross, just so it wouldn't make shadow to their Final Fantasy brand...

User is offline   jkas789 

I have no idea tbh. I don't think they were sabotaging it, it's just that FF is their bread and butter so it's gets the most attention. Also Chrono Cross wasn't that well received afaik when it came out.

understandably, the gameplay being mostly copied on Xenogear and the plethoric amount of characters with no proper devellopment didn't help...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options