Duke4.net Forums: How do I use Texmod? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I use Texmod?

Now I tried using Texmod on a certain texture, but it didn't show when I loaded up DNF. I did follow the instructions, and I did everything that was right.
Please any help will be regarded, thanks!. :)

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostDuke Newcomb, on 05 April 2022 - 10:59 AM, said:

Now I tried using Texmod on a certain texture, but it didn't show when I loaded up DNF. I did follow the instructions, and I did everything that was right.
Please any help will be regarded, thanks!. :)

When I used TexMod for my Mass Effect games back in 2012-2015 I used a batch file to temporarily change the file name, because Origin didn't like TexMod messing with their software. Once the game loaded, It changed the file names back to their original.

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Run DNF with Texmod?
SET /P X=(Y)es or (N)o?
IF /I "%X%"=="Y" goto :Yes
IF /I "%X%"=="N" goto :No
GOTO END

:Yes
ren "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem Forever\System\DukeForever.exe" "DukeForever_tmp.exe"
ren "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem Forever\System\Texmod.exe" "DukeForever.exe"

ECHO Files renamed! Please start now your DNF in Steam.
PAUSE

ren "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem Forever\System\DukeForever.exe" "Texmod.exe"
ren "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem Forever\System\DukeForever_tmp.exe" "DukeForever.exe"

ECHO Filenames restored! Now you can start DNF with use of TexMod.
PAUSE

GOTO END

:No

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Duke Nukem Forever\System\DukeForever.exe"

:END

You'll have to change the file names and paths to that of DNF where it's stored on your system. Or simply delete the full path and use the relative folder where DNF exe is stored along with Texmod exe.

1) Open batch file, say yes to renaming files.
2) Launch DNF from Steam. This will bring up Texmod first.
3) Go back to the batch file and hit Space to rename the files back to their originals.
4) From Texmod, select the original DNF exe file and then click Run in Texmod to launch DNF with Texmod overlay.

The texture that Texmod creates when you hit the logging mode key (default, Enter) has a specific hash string attached to it. If the hash string doesn't match the original one in the game files, you might not see the right textures in game.

It's been a while since I've messed with Texmod, so I'm a bit rusty at it.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 08 April 2022 - 05:29 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options