Duke4.net Forums: A request for new command - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A request for new command

User is offline   XThX2 

I think a command which could allow you to change colors would be pretty useful, as in what the palette file you use can offer. Take a look at the link to see what I'm talking about. It basically switches columns (or brackets) of colors with each other to make it look like somewhat new. It would also be useful if you aren't using the palette file of duke.

Color Translations

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That seems like an interesting possibility, but it would be hell to implement for HRP purposes.

User is offline   XThX2 

It would probably only work with 8-bit tiles anyway (bmp, jpg etc), since they are the ones that use the colors ONLY in the palette file itself. Eitherway, it would add a refreshing and better look then just changing enemies' palettes to create new items, enemies or even textures! (placing them as sprites/actors)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 31 July 2009 - 12:16 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I've thought of a way it could work. You can set the translation from the CONs, and then give it a palnum to be defined to. However, it must be more than 35, so as to not interfere with the normal swaps, but lower than 240, because those very top pals are used by the game for glow, detail, specular, and normal textures.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 31 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

That means it would work like "tint" except for 8-bit. That way it could make making new looking things easier and would save us from adding more art into art files all over for a simple recolor.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Why not just edit lookup.dat and replace some of the weird ones that are of limited use anyway?

• Weaponized Autism

I always wondered if it was possible to add more than the default 25, taking into account the default fogpals. I know SW goes up to 32.

User is offline   XThX2 

How do I edit the lookup.dat? I thought that and palette.dat couldn't be edited.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 03 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

They can be, but I'll forewarn you, it's a very tedious process. You have to create the first palette, then about 25 more for shade values.

User is offline   Cage 

Try OpenGL BuildTouch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options