Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE} ROZ-MOD - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE} ROZ-MOD  "OST FLAC file replacement for in-game xm music files"

User is offline   dwtietz 

ROZ-MOD is a modification for Ion Fury that replaces the in-game music tracks with the FLAC audio files from the "Ion Fury (Official Soundtrack) Extended Edition" album.

In addition, if the FLAC audio files from the "Ion Fury: Remixed" album are also present, then the in-game audio tracks will be replaced by randomized selections from both albums every time that the game is launched with ROZ-MOD.

System Requirements
 Windows 10 or greater
 Ion Fury v2.0.x
 "Ion Fury (Official Soundtrack) Extended Edition" downloaded in the FLAC audio file format
 Optional: "Ion Fury: Remixed" downloaded in the FLAC audio file format

ROZ-MOD at MOD DB

Tiny update...

Added a check that will only display the "Welcome to ROZ-MOD!" message the first time that roz-mod.bat is run; this message will not be displayed with any subsequent game launches with roz-mod.bat.

The only exception to this is that if setup.bat is run at any time, it will reset ROZ-MOD to being a first time run again the next time that it is launched.

User is offline   jkas789 

I can vouch for this mod that it's really really good. Some of the remixes seem as if they should have been shipped with the game in the first place. Thanks for the hard work dwtietz!

View Postjkas789, on 08 April 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

I can vouch for this mod that it's really really good. Some of the remixes seem as if they should have been shipped with the game in the first place. Thanks for the hard work dwtietz!

Thanks jkas789. It's about to get even better... I'm starting in on a rewrite for version 2.0 which, aside from the two albums that it already supports, will also support two more albums:

"Ion Fury - Trailers" by Roz, and
"Video Themes" by Zone Tripper

ROZ-MOD v2.0 (in the middle of being re-written), is going to be a whole lot more than what was in the initial (current) release. When this is ready, it will support all of the following albums:

"Ion Fury Official Soundtrack (Extended Edition)" by Roz
"Ion Fury: Remixed" by Roz
"Ion Fury Trailers" by Roz
"Video Themes" by Zone Tripper
Plus 4 more Zone Tripper covers freely available from Youtube

Just as it is now, the only album that will remain as a requirement to use the scripts is the OST. The 4 free Zone Tripper tracks might end up being pre-bundled with the mod (pending approval from the owner) but this won't change the fact that the OST album is still required in order to use the scripts.

Aside from the in-game music tracks being swapped out with random replacements from these albums, the jukebox in hhoh will also have random record assignments made where the three songs played will be selected from the following list (if the "Trailers" album is installed):

"Sauna" from "Trailers" by Roz
"Feeble Minded" from "Trailers" by Roz
"Used to be in Fashion" from "Trailers" by Roz
"Streets of Fury" from Youtube by Zone Tripper

The scripts that generate the random selections and launch the game are mostly done (and are currently fully functional), but the updates to the setup scripts and writing a new user/readme file will take a bit more work. Maybe... hopefully... by the end of this week I might be about ready to dish out the new version.

This post has been edited by dwtietz: 09 April 2022 - 08:20 PM

I was hoping that I might have had the next version ready by now, but unfortunately I got tied up with some other projects that are on the go. The primary script is done (except a few information screen that need tweaks) and works entirely, but I still need to rewrite the setup script for handling the albums that are being added. All I have for now is a screenshot of what the first-run welcome message will probably look like (if I don't make any further changes to it):

Attached Image: New ROZ_MOD welcome screen.png

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options