Duke4.net Forums: The Cryo Interactive corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Cryo Interactive corner  "Where point'n'click and Quicktime technology meet"

User is offline   gemeaux333 

We certainly know many of them (Egypt, China, Azteks, etc...) but there is one that is only known in France and based on a famous french movie license : Les Visiteurs, was also famous enough in US from whatt I cloud gather (it also got a terrible US remake "Just Visiting" like many french movies as it seems, like "Un indien dans la ville")

Sadly all of them have the same problems and getting worst as times goes on :
-getting to fast in their execution making them unplayable
-with windows 10 we also get the double picture with psychedelik colours

I always wondered if a solution have ever been found for the first and most common problem

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 20 March 2022 - 04:11 PM

I wish I had a solution for you with the latter ones. These days I play old Windows games in Linux through WINE, which usually works, but unfortunately Cryo's titles are the kind that don't. At least Atlantis 2, in which you can't get any of the videos to work.
Some of the good people at ScummVM are working on adding support for a lot of their titles, but it seems mostly limited to a very select bunch. What's not so good is that the ones they already have working are the ones for DOS, which you could already play in DOSbox no sweat. (I should also point out that there are ports for systems like PSX, 3DO and Macintosh that have less troubles getting working)
The only title of theirs I've played extensively is Dragon Lore, which I remember enjoying. At least it was fun seeing an adventure game with actual sword combat back when it seemed to me a rare thing. Thinking about it, I didn't so much decipher the game's puzzles as much as looked them up, and the world itself seemed to be pretty weird. Especially those trippy human characters.

so the peoples behinfd scummvm are working on the possibility to make Cryo games running on it ? that makes sense, their are also working actively on making the games with the pentagram engine (especially crusader no remorse / no regret) working on it
I used scummvm in the past but it only supported Lucasarts games point'n'click games using their proprietary engine

is there a way to contact them ? perhaps I could consult them about this issue with the game I mentionned

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 March 2022 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They have a forum and a dedicated bug tracker. They'll probably just tell you to post your issue in the bug tracker though if you post on the forum.

And yeah, ScummVM has many many engines included now.

that sounds about right

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options