Duke4.net Forums: Ion Fury at lower resolution in full screen mode - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury at lower resolution in full screen mode  "I'm trying to run Ion Fury at a lower resolution in full screen mo"

User is offline   romadu 

Is there a way to run Ion Fury at a lower resolution while retaining full screen mode? I've compiled for linux and when I change the screen mode, it is windowed and my device displays multiple windows side-by-side and the result is a graphical mess. Duke Nukem 3D runs at a lower resolution using full screen and works correctly. Running Ion Fury at full resolution of 1920 x 1152 results in very slow performance and the game is unplayable.

Any suggestions, including console commands that may help, are gratefully received.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Are you running in software or polymost? Because if the latter then resolution won't have much impact to framerate.
If you're running in the software renderer there's the r_upscalefactor CVAR that makes the game render at half the target resolution

User is offline   jkas789 

Did you also made sure to actually select from the launcher to run in fullscreen?

User is offline   romadu 

Thank you. Setting r_upscalefactor "3" in settings.cfg achieved the result I wanted. Now I have 23fps instead of 12-15fps :D

View PostPhredreeke, on 18 February 2022 - 08:20 PM, said:

Are you running in software or polymost? Because if the latter then resolution won't have much impact to framerate.
If you're running in the software renderer there's the r_upscalefactor CVAR that makes the game render at half the target resolution

This post has been edited by romadu: 19 February 2022 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   romadu 

In the launcher, only full resolution allows fullscreen to be selected. All lower resolutions have WIN suffix and Windowed YES is forced option.

View Postjkas789, on 18 February 2022 - 09:40 PM, said:

Did you also made sure to actually select from the launcher to run in fullscreen?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I don't recall anything above 2 having an effect but things might have changed since I last tested.

Anyway, it's good you're getting some improvement.

Edit: also this may be ugly, but have you considered setting your desktop resolution to something lower and having your display scale the image?

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 19 February 2022 - 08:43 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options