Duke4.net Forums: Different models? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Different models?  "I remember the pistol of HRP looking different."

User is offline   Marmitaa 

Hello, i played Duke Nukem with the HRP a couple of years ago. Now i want to play it again but after installing mainly the pistol looks alot different then i used to remember.

I want it to be like before like seen on this image:
https://ibb.co/LgwfPxf

Is there a way to still get that?
Thank you for your time!

View PostMarmitaa, on 13 February 2022 - 12:04 AM, said:

Hello, i played Duke Nukem with the HRP a couple of years ago. Now i want to play it again but after installing mainly the pistol looks alot different then i used to remember.

I want it to be like before like seen on this image:
https://ibb.co/LgwfPxf

Is there a way to still get that?
Thank you for your time!

Maybe use the "Polymost Override" version of the HRP. However it will change more than just the pistol >_>

Personally, it's the RPG I find to be better in the older version ....

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 13 February 2022 - 03:21 AM

User is offline   Marmitaa 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 13 February 2022 - 03:21 AM, said:

Maybe use the "Polymost Override" version of the HRP. However it will change more than just the pistol >_>

Personally, it's the RPG I find to be better in the older version ....
Thank you so much! I'm going to enjoy this weekend. Yeah i don't know why i like that model so much. I hope i won't be missing out on too much new stuff though. Is there a way i can find the latest version with the old model?

View PostMarmitaa, on 16 February 2022 - 10:02 AM, said:

Thank you so much! I'm going to enjoy this weekend. Yeah i don't know why i like that model so much. I hope i won't be missing out on too much new stuff though. Is there a way i can find the latest version with the old model?

I'm not sure, but if you go through the big list of items in the second half of this post, you'll see an "Old Guns" pack which is made to revert the New HRP Guns to their older counterparts. But I never tried it so ... >_>

PolyMOST HRP / Custom Z-Pack (gloves and more...) / GreyDuke - Duke4.net Forums

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's amazing how many people don't seem to like the newer pistol model - even though it looks much closer to the original. And that shotgun... I think we never really made it look and feel right, I am afraid. The rest of the weapons are more or less decent.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 February 2022 - 05:14 AM

View PostNightFright, on 17 February 2022 - 05:11 AM, said:

It's amazing how many people don't seem to like the newer pistol model - even though it looks much closer to the original. And that shotgun... I think we never really made it look and feel right, I am afraid. The rest of the weapons are more or less decent.

No expert but, while I like both the newer and older versions, the one thing you can like about the older version, compared to the newer one, is the fact that it seems to be more tolerant on custom palettes. For instance, the mod Infestation In Time has 2 custom paletted pistol models when using HRP. Not sure the newer model would work that well, but maybe I'm wrong ...
Also, I've always found the reloading animation on the newer model to be slightly less fluid than the older one, though it will always be less jittery than the Shotgun's.

And lastly, speaking of being closer to the original, personally it's the RPG I prefer older. The older model was closer in aesthetics, animation (the swaying while moving) and even the positioning on-screen. If I were to replace any model, that would be the only one personally

The rest of the weapons are fine IMO. I especially like the improved Devastator and FreezeThrower models.. Very satisfying to see the barrel's animations on the newer Devastator compared to the older one.

Also, what about the Gloves ?
Duke's newer model is amazing .... but adding the gloves while he's not supposed to wear any ... just a minor continuity error indeed.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 17 February 2022 - 09:42 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options