Duke4.net Forums: sprite angles - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sprite angles

User is online   Mark 

Does anyone happen to remember which version of eduke/mapster introduced being able to set the vertical angle of floor aligned sprites?

I ask because I wanted to angle a roof sprite so I switched to a newer version of mapster than I had been using.From about 2 weeks ago IIRC.
I angled my sprite and moved on to other parts of the map. Thats when I noticed weird clipping/parallax issues when I started adding sectors. I also saw that the new mapster glitches the same way when trying to view TROR scissored areas. I know I shouldn't be using that feature but I have over the years because I could. Once inside the scissored area it looks fine. Its just when viewing the inside and outside that it glitches. It also looks fine in Eduke32. This is Polymer renderer BTW.

What I want to try is the first version that supports angled sprites and see if the TROR scissoring glitching persists. If it does than I will wait until the end of mapping to angle any sprites and continue to use my older version til then.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.jpg

User is online   Mark 

Never mind. I found the version. 8809

No mapster glitch in that one. So somewhere between then and now the glitch was introduced.

Bisected to around 9748.

9747 was the last working non-glitched version. Then starting with 9748 there was massive glitching with most of a map not rendering which lasted for a while. That was eventually fixed but my scissoring glitch was still present in versions after those.

This post has been edited by Mark: 08 February 2022 - 12:11 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options