Duke4.net Forums: duke music packs - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

duke music packs

has anyone uploaded .ogg music packs for the other duke games, with seamless looping?

This post has been edited by floopity9000: 27 November 2021 - 07:45 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You mean non-Build Duke games?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 27 November 2021 - 08:28 PM, said:

You mean non-Build Duke games?

Yeah, exactly. I've downloaded your sc-55 pack for Eduke32, which I'm enjoying. However, there's some tracks from the other games I'd like to use. I did see someone upload a music pack for Total Meltdown, but the songs don't loop seamlessly.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah I see what you mean. Tracks from other Duke games for Duke3D. Total Meltdown doesn't loop seamlessly because the tracks weren't made for that. MIDI is so it was easier to do. It's possible with digital tracks too you just need to do some hefty editing of the audio. But to my knowledge nobody has done this.

Fair enough. Haven't played the other Duke games in ages, so I forgot the music didn't loop seamlessly. Having listened to their tracks on Youtube by people who uploaded extended editions of the songs, I just assumed they also looped seamlessly. In any case, thanks for the response.

This post has been edited by floopity9000: 28 November 2021 - 05:08 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

More specifically, just to be more informative, Total Meltdown's music is standard redbook CD audio so it can't loop seamlessly by nature. However, Duke Nukem Zero Hour for instance (the N64 game) has a different music system which has seamless looping as a native feature. So it's different for every game. Duke Nukem 64's title theme (the only song in the game) also loops seamlessly). I don't know that these tracks have been made to loop seamlessly with metadata loop tags for EDuke32 specifically though, but it'd be easier to implement than Total Meltdown's music.

And yeah, the "extended editions" on YouTube definitely utilize user-edited audio.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Duke on Saturn is Redbook audio. Total Meltdown uses Playstation's XA format (which is still streamed from disc from my understanding but has lower bandwidth so the game fits more tracks)

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah my mistake. Thanks for the correction. I was confusing the two. Does Total Meltdown loop seamlessly then or fade out?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 28 November 2021 - 09:39 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 November 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

Ah my mistake. Thanks for the correction. I was confusing the two. Does Total Meltdown loop seamlessly then or fade out?

It fades out. I looked up gameplay of the first level.

This post has been edited by floopity9000: 29 November 2021 - 01:05 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options