Duke4.net Forums: A question about TROR - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A question about TROR

User is offline   bright 

Hi everyone, technically, is there any way to make a roomed building from outside look like this, is it even possible ?For example, it‘s like make Duke Hard episode all in one with vertical path, I think.
Attached Image: 1.png

This post has been edited by bright: 25 November 2021 - 05:33 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

yes.
iirc, you can get up to 8 or 9 layers before you start running into major visual and performance issues

User is offline   bright 

View PostForge, on 25 November 2021 - 08:47 AM, said:

yes.
iirc, you can get up to 8 or 9 layers before you start running into major visual and performance issues

Thanks for your answer, but when I try to do this,I got a lot of problems. For example ,I make a big top small bottom 2 room successfully,but I can‘t make the 3rd floor because I can’t select and operate the sector with the mess。You know , most of duke level ‘s roomed building was regular square shape, I mean the room outside was the same from up to down。And,I heard about build outward was wrong or something。I‘ve checked the wgfang map,but the building was the similar shape from up to down, and it seems that there was just 2 size room alternately。So,if a want to make a building with different shape from up to down,what should I do ?

screenshot:Looks like I can‘t continue with the 3rd floor with different shape,especially the big one...... :(
Attached Image: capt0000.png

Attached Image: capt0001.png

This post has been edited by bright: 25 November 2021 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   bright 

Holy cow, I did it ! It need Ctrl+R adjust height and Alt sector select repeatedly...... Really hope mapster32 has a better operate UI or something...... <_<
Attached Image: capt0002.png

This post has been edited by bright: 25 November 2021 - 10:46 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postbright, on 25 November 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

Holy cow, I did it ! It need Ctrl+R adjust height and Alt sector select repeatedly...... Really hope mapster32 has a better operate UI or something...... <_<
Attachment capt0002.png

You beat me to it. Here is a quick map i created after seeing your post. Took a little longer than a few minutes to make. See if it helps and do whatever you want with the map.

good luck!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 25 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   bright 

View PostPaul B, on 25 November 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

You beat me to it. Here is a quick map i created after seeing your post. Took a little longer than a few minutes to make. See if it helps and do whatever you want with the map.

good luck!

Thank you, this is awesome !

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postbright, on 25 November 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Thank you, this is awesome !

Your welcome, one thing to keep in mind if you want flawless results with TROR you will need to use the Polymer Renderer mode: (setrendermode 4).

Polymost (setrendermode 3) has had significant improvements to support TROR but it doesn't fully support it as you will encounter the odd visual glitch. (Despite what people may say).

Classic video mode (setrendermode 0) does not work very well with TROR.

if video performance matters, the best compromise is Polymost as you'll receive the best framerate.

It is also important to keep your current Eduke32 version up to date using the latest Eduke32 builds which can be downloaded from here: https://dukeworld.du...ke32/synthesis/

Something to consider:
I use the latest version of Eduke when play testing or playing levels. But I use Version r4784 of Mapster as it is the most practical \ functional for my style of mapping.

Features you will find useful when dealing with TROR is knowing how to switch between TROR layers so you can put the focus on the layer you are working on to not get confused with sectors above or below your working area. <CTRL> + A enables this feature. Pg Up / Down switches between layers. Some times its easier just to place 3d Duke at the Z Axis you want then switch back to 2d mode to get the Z-Axis set for the layer you're working in.

Also knowing how to highlight certain over lapping sectors while not deleting layers above or below the sector you want to delete is also just as important. These keys are <ALT> + : and <Alt> + ' in 2D mode so you can select and deselect sectors that were highlighted either accidentally or if you missed a sector. Using these two key combinations also work well in side view mode (F3 to enable). This will help you determine which vertical sectors you want to choose or deselect. In side view mode there are a few keys you can use to change the angle or the Z axis by using the mouse wheel or keys Q and W to pan left and right.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 November 2021 - 11:43 AM

User is offline   FRVIND 

I found the latest development working well, for Mapster and Eduke, that of 19-09-2021; I'm referring to polymer of course. For example, after that date the correct behavior of the recon car is interrupted (visibility of the monster through the TROR), or the polymer lights no longer work correctly and then compatibility with the dukeplus mod is lost a little.

User is offline   FRVIND 

in the meantime, during this period until the date I mentioned above, a lots of goodies has had acquired: one important the possibility to use flat "wall type" sprites sloped...

Attached Image: duke0002.jpg

Attached Image: duke0003.jpg

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options