Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Fake Abyss - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Fake Abyss

User is offline   bright 

Hi,everyone,I’m a duke-wang-blood fan, this is my first duke map ,and my first time to make a map. For level editing ,I’ m almost a rookie。Maybe my level is very rough an unbalance,so if you couldn‘t beat it in normal way,just use cheat ,I don’t want make anyone upset , so have a good time,hope you like it :lol:

Story:Duke obsessed with a new EDF agent (lady),and dated with her。But in fact ,this lady was disguised by alien queen。So duke was be involved in an ambush。Now ,he must defeat his enemies and get the hell out of the place —— a fake abyss。

PS:It‘s a vertical map ,a little use of TROR。

Screenshot: Attached Image: capt0000.png Attached Image: capt0001.png
Download:

Made by Bright Traveller

This post has been edited by bright: 21 November 2021 - 01:55 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

I will be trying it out. Are you typing from a phone? That spacing is very...particular.

Anyways thanks for the map mate and I hope we see more from you around here.

User is offline   bright 

View Postjkas789, on 21 November 2021 - 09:38 PM, said:

I will be trying it out. Are you typing from a phone? That spacing is very...particular.

Anyways thanks for the map mate and I hope we see more from you around here.

Emm...nope, in fact I'm not a real english speaker, in other words, a fake one, a foreigner :P

Thanks for your playing buddy,I‘ll practice my tech and try to make something more and better :D

User is offline   bright 

a minor update for previous version, make the gameplay of the first scene better :P

User is offline   bright 

Fix unexpected sector killed,and make the difficulty a little more easier

User is offline   bright 

Final update, add an extra scene, enjoy. :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: final.png

Attached File(s)

User is offline   bright 

minor fix

Attached File(s)

User is offline   bright 

I ate my words...this time I add a rotating platform and a curious lava room,and a lof of fixes。Maybe this time is the last,maybe...... :P
Attached Image: final.png
Attached File  fake abyss.zip (12.61K)
Number of downloads: 72

This post has been edited by bright: 01 February 2024 - 05:25 PM

User is offline   jkas789 

Kudos for the continued support mate! Not many mappers do that, even on the Doom side. Tis has been a while so I'll play it again this weekend.

User is online   slacker1 

Just gave the map a run this morning. Holy hell is this a tough map!! :) I played on 'Let's Rock' and made it just past the 'Sentry Drone Room' where it opens up again. I immediately got blasted by a mini battle lord and died. I think I only managed to make it there with about 20-30 HP. I'm not really good a 'slaughter' style maps (especially with Duke's enemy roster leaning towards hitscan type enemies vs Doom) but it's been a while since I tried one of these types of maps so I enjoyed what I played so far.

This was the strategy I used so far for the battles: (Warning spoilers!)
Spoiler

User is offline   bright 

View Postjkas789, on 01 February 2024 - 07:12 PM, said:

Kudos for the continued support mate! Not many mappers do that, even on the Doom side. Tis has been a while so I'll play it again this weekend.

Glad you still concern about this !Thanks for your encouragement :D

User is offline   bright 

View Postslacker1, on 05 February 2024 - 07:13 AM, said:

Just gave the map a run this morning. Holy hell is this a tough map!! :) I played on 'Let's Rock' and made it just past the 'Sentry Drone Room' where it opens up again. I immediately got blasted by a mini battle lord and died. I think I only managed to make it there with about 20-30 HP. I'm not really good a 'slaughter' style maps (especially with Duke's enemy roster leaning towards hitscan type enemies vs Doom) but it's been a while since I tried one of these types of maps so I enjoyed what I played so far.

This was the strategy I used so far for the battles: (Warning spoilers!)
Spoiler

Thank you for playing so earnestly! I rework that scene,make it feel more playable and more fun!
Attached Image: capt0000.png
Attached File  fake abyss.zip (14.02K)
Number of downloads: 55

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options