Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever 2001 trailer 1440p upscale "test" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever 2001 trailer 1440p upscale "test"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Thought this was pretty neat. Aside of the odd motion of certain things with the "higher framerate."

This post has been edited by OpenMaw: 31 August 2021 - 09:36 PM

User is online   Phredreeke 

If Duke Nukem Forever is so great then why is there no Duke Nukem Fivever?

On a serious note, it's nice that other people are upscaling the FMVs. Doing so is extremely time and space consuming...

• Judge Mental

View PostPhredreeke, on 02 September 2021 - 01:12 AM, said:

If Duke Nukem Forever is so great then why is there no Duke Nukem Fivever?

On a serious note, it's nice that other people are upscaling the FMVs. Doing so is extremely time and space consuming...

It's actually called Duke Nukem FiveNever.

A very bold title.

I'll bet. I just hope we don't get too many people don't it. From what I've seen, its easy to do a half-cocked version and it come out look awful.

User is offline   hiczok 

Admirable effort but I think it looks worse

User is offline   Outtagum 

The high frame rate gives a better idea of how it would look if you could actually play the game on your pc. Though it's a bit too sped up in places and the upscale has the typical smearing effect.

I hope some day we can get this build.

This post has been edited by Duke Newcomb: 21 September 2021 - 10:15 AM

I'm so mindblown by how smooth and upscaled the framerate is, really shows about how much the game will look in 2021.

• Judge Mental

Ob the subject of AI upscaling... Has anyone tried to do an upscale of the MP3 of the 2001 file? I know there are audio AI's designed to improve old recordings. I think the 2001 version of the theme is in desperate need of a higher quality version. It's a shame we'll likely never here the 2001 trailer theme in a crystal clear quality.

View PostDuke Newcomb, on 21 September 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm so mindblown by how smooth and upscaled the framerate is, really shows about how much the game will look in 2021.

Dude... hopefully someday. We got very lucky that Alphas of Doom 3 & Half-Life 2 leaked during the actual development & let us fans put hands on those coveted versions that were initially displayed to the public, but were ultimately very different from the retail games we eventually got. Even just "The Supposedly Fake Build" that is barely any much more of an actual game past the "Unreal Engine Proof Of Concept" 1999 screenshots that was "manipulated & manufactured" into looking like a vertical slice of a product that is supposedly nearing the "When It's Done" point relatively soon? I'd just love to watch that run live on my own PC & play along with the script like the Doom III E3 presentation. Even if there isn't much "gameplay" as such, I want to experience those moments LIVE for myself.

• Judge Mental

The only version that fits your description is the 98 version. The Unreal versions are all playable games.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostOpenMaw, on 24 September 2021 - 07:04 AM, said:

Ob the subject of AI upscaling... Has anyone tried to do an upscale of the MP3 of the 2001 file? I know there are audio AI's designed to improve old recordings. I think the 2001 version of the theme is in desperate need of a higher quality version. It's a shame we'll likely never here the 2001 trailer theme in a crystal clear quality.

I've had very little luck even getting audio networks that upscale low quality audio properly to work. I keep seeing demos and examples but never anything I can use myself.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 26 September 2021 - 05:52 AM

View PostOpenMaw, on 25 September 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

The only version that fits your description is the 98 version. The Unreal versions are all playable games.

I gotcha. I was a bit unclear with my statement. I was referring to the prevalent myth in the later 2000's that the E3 2001 build was essentially only ever about as complete as the Quake II '98 version and all the cool stuff we were shown was basically just an in-engine cut scene, not a real "playable" game. Of course we now know that not to be the case, but even if they only surviving build from that era was only like a 3 level demo presentation that's mostly just a proof of concept similar to the Doom III E3 2002 Alpha? I'd still like to see it for myself.

• Judge Mental

For me, it's all about the public historical preservation of a game that at one time, millions of people were excited for. All versions of DNF should be made available, warts and all, for people to see.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options