Duke4.net Forums: Uncomfortable music taste confessions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uncomfortable music taste confessions  "You can confess your sins to me son..."

User is offline   jkas789 

Let's start a new music thread.

What is that one music related opinion that will indubitably get you lynched by your friends & family?

Here I'll start with 3:

• Despite being born as a northern mexican, I hate northern corridos
  • Nirvana is over hyped and Kurt Cobain was a jackass (thankfully, my girlfriend does not know I'm posting this kek)
  • Regeton (or however you fucking write it in english) is cancer

User is online   Ninety-Six 

1. Nickelback is really overhated. They're not that bad, really.
2. i like bubblegum pop

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

There is literally no music genre that i like or any taste that would surprise anyone in my family
or anyone here

i like thirst, john cage, suicide, robyn and alice coltrane.

I will defend john cages 4'33" until my dying breath.

nirvana is far worse then the butthole surfers.

country and western are two seperate genres.
country 65-70% sucks.
western is always fuckin' awesome.

the pogues are the representatives of irish music.

tom waits is a genre.

no one can properly cover joy division, suicide, tom waits, or motörhead.

robyn is the best electropop musician and best musician to play on repeat and i will casually fight naked for it

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 30 August 2021 - 07:12 PM

View PostBalls of Steel Forever, on 30 August 2021 - 06:59 PM, said:

country and western are two seperate genres.
country 65-70% sucks.
western is always fuckin' awesome.

I have no context for this. I'm a taco boy.

• Balls of Steel Forever

View Postjkas789, on 30 August 2021 - 07:02 PM, said:

I have no context for this. I'm a taco boy.

country

western

• Balls of Steel Forever

also dave van ronk is american folk
bob dylan is a sham in comparison

User is offline   MC84 

View Postjkas789, on 30 August 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

[*]Regeton (or however you fucking write it in english) is cancer

Amen. That and dancehall are two genres that I can't stand. No depth, just this dumb shallow 'party every day' vibe

View PostBalls of Steel Forever, on 30 August 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

country
western

Ooooooooooooooooooh ok I get it.

View PostMC84, on 30 August 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

Amen. That and dancehall are two genres that I can't stand. No depth, just this dumb shallow 'party every day' vibe

My brother.

User is offline   Aleks 

1) I like black metal, most of my favourite bands has musicians who were either in prison for murder or arson, or commited a suicide (or any 2-3 of these things).
2) I also like death metal with absolutely undecipherable guttural vocals and accordingly undecipherable band logos.
3) ...I also like tech/prog metal which gets so complex it makes small animals (up to rodents) explode in up to 5 minutes of exposition. And I think Ron Jarzombek is the best guitar player ever, period.

That's enough to get me hated by friends and family alike. Now for the controversial ones...

4) I don't like to listen to the music loud. Not too silent either, there is a very thin threshold were the loudness is just right. On the other hand, I don't mind standing right next to the stage during live shows.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I like just about anything, but mostly metal. What seems to cause most controversy is my lack of dogmatism about art in general. It's all just subjective to me. I don't care what anyone likes. Art provides no personal utility beyond aesthetic enjoyment, therefore it possesses no objective qualities besides the measurable technical aspects of the composition and performances. There's no "good" or "bad" to me, which really throws people it seems.

This post has been edited by Jesus Christ: 31 August 2021 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I've been into metal music since 1970. The "guitar god" instrumentalists in the 80s and 90s. Progressive stuff ike Symphony X and Dream Theatre for the last 10-15 years or so.

The growl of Death Metal ruins it for me. Plus I'm getting tired of the tune guitars down to C music. I didn't care for the whole Grunge scene of the 90s. I do not like rap / hip-hop or opera. However I do like classical music. I had about 80 CDs of it at one time.

My guilty pleasures were songs like Straight Up by Paula Abdul, Simply Irresistible by Robert Palmer, Hella Good by No Doubt. And lately I enjoyed Baby Metal for a few weeks. Great metal music and the singers were novel and interesting for a while.

I like watching almost any music live, except for rap / hip-hop.

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

1. Nickelback are not that bad as everyone says.

2. Nirvana had some good songs however Kurt's dumbass ruined anything. IMO

3. God bless Foo Fighters, Hard Rock and all kinds of Metal!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

99% of the music I listen is anime or tokusatsu

View PostFox, on 31 August 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

99% of the music I listen is anime or tokusatsu

You know what? Fuck it I'll go even deeper.

My personal driving playlist has a lot of video game and anime music. I have two playlists for when I'm driving. One full of weeb gamer shit I play along rock/metal/classical/jazz/etc, and one without the weeb gamer shit. The second one is for when I'm driving with someone else and I don't want to fuck up my professional image as a serious doctor by playing Burn my Dread while driving them to a offsite surgery.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I like some dubstep and disco.

User is offline   NNC 

I like Jim Steinman's wagnerian rock more than anything nowadays. I like Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart or Holding out for a Hero (and other obscure songs like Faster than the Speed of Night), Meat Loaf's Bat out of Hell albums (and Two out of Three Ain't Bad in particular), Taylor Dayne's Original Sin, Air Supply's Making Love out of Nothing at All, Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back to Me (and it's Meat Loaf cover too), Barbra Streisand's Left in the Dark, Barry Manilow's Read'em and Weep and most others this mad genious wrote.

I also like Manowar's cheesy wagnerian metal: Master of the Wind, Heart of Steel, Hail and Kill, Courage, Guyana, Battle Hymn, Blood of my Enemies, Warriors of the World United, House of Death, Dawn of Battle, I Believe, just to name a few of the many.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 31 August 2021 - 11:22 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options