Duke4.net Forums: WGR HRP - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGR HRP  "My old HRP for WGRealms."

Because I haven't touched the HRP I was making for WGRealms 1 in over 2 years, I thought I would release what I did back in 2007 and let anyone in the community play it.
Or finish it if they want too.

Download WGRealms http://wg.duke4.net/.../WGRealms-1.zip
Download WGRHRP 18mb http://wg.duke4.net/wgrHRP.zip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by William Gee: 15 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

User is offline   supergoofy 

Report:

I got a SIGSEGV error with BEERZITY.map and eduke32 r1461:

Fatal Signal caught: SIGSEGV. Bailing out.

2451: 1298 enda 0 316155456 0 0
2456: 1301 state 316155280
2458: 1302 enda 0 0 8 0
2463: 1305 ifpdistl 3084 316155580
2466: 1306 ifrnd 24 316155580
2469: 1307 spawn 661
2471: 1308 enda 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 -10 -36 -10 -52 0 316155584 316155624 14
2490: 1317 ifaction current actor: 87 (662)
g_errorLineNum: 1308, g_tw: 4

I played BEERZITY.map

the crash happened at the start of the map when I entered with E the security screen:

Posted Image

When I hit E again it crashed

it doesn't matter if I will use wgrHRP or not:

eduke32 -noautoload -jWGRealms -gWGR.GRP -gwgrHRP.zip -xWGRGAME.CON -jbeerzity -map BEERZITY.map

eduke32 -noautoload -jWGRealms -gWGR.GRP -xWGRGAME.CON -jbeerzity -map BEERZITY.map

I do not use Duke3D HRP for wgr

Maybe it's a bug of the map? or incompatibility with eduke32 r1461?

The con code is from WGR.GRP and not altered in any way.

Has anyone tested this map?

[edit]
at the start of the map, when the door opens, you can find the security screen on the left (where there is an alien)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 15 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

That map worked fine last time I played it, and that was a long time ago. There is no reason it wouldn't work with Eduke32. Are you using a official release or one you compiled yourself? ;)

Just run the normal bat included with WGRealms and select BEERZITY as a usermap from the menu using a official Eduke32 release.

I tried it with latest svn build r1461. As I remember it worked with the official snapshot.

I'm trying to test eduke32 svn builds, so that to eliminate any possible bugs, before official release.

[edit]

the map works fine with last official snapshot

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 15 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postsupergoofy, on Jul 15 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

I tried it with latest svn build r1461. As I remember it worked with the official snapshot.

I'm trying to test eduke32 svn builds, so that to eliminate any possible bugs, before official release.

[edit]

the map works fine with last official snapshot

It's good that you're doing that, but you should note whether the bug/crash occurs in the official snapshot when you first report it, so people know whether it is a bug in something actually released.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It looks like it might be a compiler regression in this case. I get the crash when building with MinGW with optimizations enabled, but not with them disabled, and not with them either enabled or disabled when building with MSVC.

I'm moving closer and closer to the idea of using MSVC exclusively to do new builds on Windows if GCC 4.4.1 doesn't fix some of this. You might want to try 4.3.3 again just for shits and giggles.

yep gcc 4.3.3 compiled binary is working well

gcc 4.4.0 broke many things

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 16 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

User is offline   Mia Max 

Awesum!

With some more tree models it would look just perfect!

Posted Image Posted Image

Can't wait for WG Realms 2 with the new weapons and enemies + your fantastic maps.

Well, I'm not using Duke3D HRP along with WG HRP. Because I want to see the custom pistol and machine gun and the other custom art.

Though when I used it, it gave an even awesome look.

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

Does WGR2 build off the art in WGR1, or was the userart started again from scratch?

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostMia Max, on Jul 16 2009, 03:01 PM, said:

Awesum!

With some more tree models it would look just perfect!

Posted Image Posted Image

Can't wait for WG Realms 2 with the new weapons and enemies + your fantastic maps.

Holy shit, that looks amazing. I suddenly feel like replaying WGR.

View PostUsurper, on Jul 16 2009, 06:53 AM, said:

Does WGR2 build off the art in WGR1, or was the userart started again from scratch?

(From scratch) WGR2 has a totally different art pack from WGR1.
Though DT has plans to make WGR1 work with WGR2 stuff at some stage.

That polymer shot looks nice (y) Feel free to play around with it if you want. Though I'm curious how level2 looks with polymer since it is dark with lots of fires. Polymer doesn't work here btw.

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jul 16 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

(From scratch) WGR2 has a totally different art pack from WGR1.
Though DT has plans to make WGR1 work with WGR2 stuff at some stage.

That polymer shot looks nice (y) Feel free to play around with it if you want. Though I'm curious how level2 looks with polymer since it is dark with lots of fires. Polymer doesn't work here btw.

Well, at least not with the current Polymer builds. Perhaps when it is finished it will work correctly. (I hope)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If you ever did a WGR2 HRP, you'd have the undying love of the Doom, Heretic and Hexen communities.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Why do you say that, exactly?

View PostTea Monster, on Jul 18 2009, 04:09 AM, said:

If you ever did a WGR2 HRP, you'd have the undying love of the Doom, Heretic and Hexen communities.

Obviously, it would be up to William Gee if he wants to make a High-Res pack for WGR2. Personally, I would be against having a High-Res pack for WGR2. It would seem that these days having 8-bit sprites would still make a great TC. I grew up with 8-bit graphics. (And probably so did all of you as well...)

This post has been edited by KillerBudgie: 18 July 2009 - 02:22 AM

I wont be building one.

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jul 18 2009, 12:21 PM, said:

I wont be building one.

Good. Because trying to recreate the sprites into models will take a long time and will be so hard to do.

This post has been edited by KillerBudgie: 18 July 2009 - 05:21 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options