Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] (Not Mine) Abandoned GDF Hangar (Knee Deep in the Fury) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] (Not Mine) Abandoned GDF Hangar (Knee Deep in the Fury)  "A recreation of Doom's E1M1. Not the same though."

User is offline   jkas789 

Just wanted to post this map that was recently (ish) released on moddb. It's a recreation of E1M1 from Doom. Now I know what you are thinking: "been there, done that". BUT this is not a 1:1 recreation of E1M1, and I think it is worth spending the 5 or so minutes playing it.

From the readme on the OP:

A fan recreation of the first map from the original Doom, Hangar. A near 1:1 likeness with some slight differences and extras. Short but sweet.

A fan recreation of the first map from the original Doom, Hangar. A near 1:1 likeness with some slight differences and extras. Short but sweet.

I figured there are so many ports of levels in different games, I know I have seen this done with Duke Nukem 3D before, and Hangar is such an iconic FPS map, I wanted to recreate it with Ion Fury and its assets in Mapster32. There is only one secret, because I flipped around some of the level progression, and the areas you go through wouldn't make sense to be kept as secret areas.

Just place in your ion fury folder, and type 'map e1m1' in your console. Enjoy!

If you want to try it out, you can download it here.

The 'hello world' of mapping has come

solid map; needed to load it in the commercial release of IF (versus newer eduke32)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options