Duke4.net Forums: Assertion failed: on launching x86 Duke Nukem 3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assertion failed: on launching x86 Duke Nukem 3D

Hi, with all the relevant settings needed to run Duke Nukem as its own instance, I cannot run Duke Nukem 3D on eduke32 without it bringing up this error. :angry: :blink:
in the screenshot, I have attached to this post. :unsure:

I have read and followed the Instructions in the following documentation in an attempt to compile eduke32 as a release version without hitting a runtime error as shown in the image below prior to running Duke3d for x86 using MSYS2, not Visual Studio as I cannot be bothered dealing with VS complaining about eduke32's source files being missing before building it as an executable for release after debugging, etc.

How do I compile it with the right flags and switches in MSYS2, so it doesn't crash and/or report a breakpoint in the source code at runtime?! :(

Group Information file

grpinfo
{
    name "Duke Nukem 3D"
    scriptname "GAME.CON"
    defname "DUKE3D.def"
    size 26524524
    crc 0xBBC9CE44
    flags 128
    dependency 0
}

Definitions File

cachesize 100663296

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bJ2mBMEe7L.png

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Why are you using a grpinfo file for duke3d.grp? It's absolutely pointless.

View PostNightFright, on 24 July 2021 - 09:32 AM, said:

Why are you using a grpinfo file for duke3d.grp? It's absolutely pointless.

Does it matter?, I don't recall asking an opinion on a problem I'm facing with the version r9295 of eduke32 that of which I'm testing and trying to figure how to solve the Assertion failure I have with this game engine myself when modifying the source code makefile and copying Ion Fury's dialog resources to a folder called 'DUKE3D' next to the 'fury' folder in the 'rsrc' folder of the source code.

Ion Fury uses a "*.grinfo" file to target a specific group file as the default start-up object the game runs with, in conjunction with the size of the archive, 32-bit cyclic redundancy check value tied to the archive from what I have learned how the build engine works thus far, etc.

I only included the duke3d.grpinfo and duke3d.def files which might help pointing out the mistakes I've made in trying to make Duke Nukem as its own process with sharing the same executable like with Ion Fury.

So, I'll ask again. How do I fix the assertion failure as shown here:
Spoiler

If using a '*.grpinfo' is pointless then what should I do, I need a solution to this problem; not an opinion!

This post has been edited by DukeMeister44: 24 July 2021 - 01:45 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options