Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms has announced the Realms-Wide Map Jam - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms has announced the Realms-Wide Map Jam  "Things are gonna get bloody!"

User is offline   jkas789 

From their tweeter and discord announcement:

ANNOUNCING THE REALMS-WIDE MAP JAM, ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR MULTIPLE GAMES, WITH A SCAVENGER HUNT ELEMENT TO CELEBRATE REALMS DEEP 2021. MAP FOR YOUR FAVORITE GAME, OR SHILL FOR THE ONE YOU'RE WORKING ON!

Maps will be released during Realms Deep, and players will be encouraged to find as many of the secrets as they can. Some may be featured on the live show!

GUIDELINES:
Game: Any publicly-released FPS with the tools for mapping and distribution, as well as the ability to craft/track secrets!
Map Elements: A single player map - the only requirement is the inclusion of a secret that includes the RD2021 logo in some form (logo can be downloaded via link at the bottom). After maps are released, players will be on the prowl to find this secret across each map!
Theme: Whatever you want!
Submission Deadline: August 8th
Submit maps to: realmsdeep@3drealms.com

Step 1: Make your map and submit it before the cutoff date! If your game distributes maps via the Workshop or an ingame browser, please include directions for players to access your content.
Step 2: Players will have roughly one week to check out the maps across various games, hunting down the Realms Deep secrets and taking screenshots.
Step 3: We'll collect these screenshots for use in promoting your maps, and there may be some prizes for complete sets as well. :wink:

Note: Mappers are precluded from participating in the secret hunt challenge, obviously :slight_smile:
REALMS DEEP LOGO CAN BE FOUND HERE:
https://drive.google...-NS?usp=sharing

Talk about this in #realms-deep-2021 !

Here is the twitter announcement.

Here is an invite to the 3D Realms Discord server.

And that is all folks! :)

So I presume we can include previously released maps? As long we we include the logo?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It's like Aardwolf but worse.

View PostWilliam Gee, on 19 July 2021 - 04:58 PM, said:

So I presume we can include previously released maps? As long we we include the logo?

I mean I guess? There is nothing saying you can't and I would imagine the guys in 3D Realms could use some vitamin WG lol

It's like Aardwolf but worse.

Pardon my ignorace, but are you referring to Aardwolf as in the MUD? Or the insect eating little hyena espy from Africa? My google-fu is tired this morning.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postjkas789, on 20 July 2021 - 04:46 AM, said:

Pardon my ignorace, but are you referring to Aardwolf as in the MUD? Or the insect eating little hyena espy from Africa? My google-fu is tired this morning.

I think Jimmy means this...
https://wolfenstein....m/wiki/AARDWOLF

View PostWilliam Gee, on 19 July 2021 - 04:58 PM, said:

I just got this response on their Discord:

"@Kristian the only manageable stipulation is that it isn't a map that's already been released"

"Polishing up something you've had on the backburner is a stretch of the spirit of a jam, but there's little to no way to enforce that"

Ooof, well that sounds rushed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options