Duke4.net Forums: Analog movement/aiming is way better now - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Analog movement/aiming is way better now

User is offline   GemaH 

I noticed that when i use the analog stick to look around, the movement of the camera isn't as smooth as when i use the keyboard to do the same task. Analog feels like turbo-tapping keys instead of a smooth movement. Frame rate isn't affected, yet it feels jerkier. This is especially noticeable if i circle-strafe because both analog sticks are used at the same time. When i do this it looks like the game drops to 30fps, even though the fps metrics don't change. It's just that the camera movement is not smooth at all.

If i use the keyboard buttons the movement is perfectly smooth (but obviously not analog so only a certain speed is used).

Using G-sync improves things but it's still not perfect.

Another issue with analog movement/aiming is that it seems like it's tied to the refresh rate. I have two screens (a 240hz monitor and a 60hz TV). If i try to play the game on the TV after i configured it on my monitor, the analog sticks are too slow! I have to increase their sensitivity if i want to play on the TV. And ofc, if i then want to play on the monitor, it's too fast and i have to change it again. Which is not very convenient since you have to do this on both axes for both analog sticks every time.

Edit: Please disregard/delete this topic. I realized the version i was using was a few months old. I d/l the latest version with a fresh cfg and every single problem was solved. Analog feels great and i don't have to fix it every time i switch screens anymore.

This post has been edited by GemaH: 04 July 2021 - 08:18 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGemaH, on 04 July 2021 - 07:51 PM, said:

Edit: Please disregard/delete this topic. I realized the version i was using was a few months old. I d/l the latest version with a fresh cfg and every single problem was solved. Analog feels great and i don't have to fix it every time i switch screens anymore.

Or we could keep the topic around as a tribute to how improved it is!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options