Duke4.net Forums: Files modified to make a round of duke nukem special - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Files modified to make a round of duke nukem special

User is offline   mike_s 

Ok, my commit driver is getting better, but I think people deserve an ultimate gaming experience even for DOS. Instead of just downloading a custom common map file, It can download zip files, then a dos utility (Pkzip) can extract the contents like other goodies a duke nukem game engine needs to display new artwork and effects, etc.

I noticed in many places that when people want to make a duke nukem game special that a number of files are downloaded to make the level playable.

From what I gather, such files have the extensions of .CON, .ART, maybe .VOC and of course, every game has a map file with a .MAP extension. There are probably other extensions in use that I am not aware of.

So I want to know from you guys,
Other than .MAP files, what kinds of files do you manage the most when you play a special game?

I ask this because I want to ensure that some idiot doesn't include files in the zip file that would corrupt Duke Nukem gaming or even the (DOS) operating system itself.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options