Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] HappyLand Water Park (by Ivan Petrosevic) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] HappyLand Water Park (by Ivan Petrosevic)

User is offline   Sanek 

A new release from Ivan Petrosevic, author of a legendary map CrashTV! It was released on CGS over a month ago. I didn't find any mentions of the map here so here it is.

Purian says:

Wow, what a surprise!

All of a sudden Ivan Petrosevic contacted me and offered us a brand new map.
The last map we saw from him was back in 1998 with "Crash TV" !

The story is a classic DN3D map experience meaning that Duke is in L.A. on a sunny day minding his business when he hear words that the Cycloid Emperor and his crew may be in town.
From there it's pure action and combats from start to finish!
Do not miss this map....

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.scent-88....d/happyland.php

User is online   Aleks 

I think either me or ck3D mentioned it in the "What you have been playing" thread. Anyway, played the map some days ago and it's one of these time capsule kind of things where the author pretty much didn't notice the 25 years of mapping evolution. If anything, this is pretty cool, showing that not every map has to apply to any kind of standards or rules really. The gameplay is unbalanced as hell and at the beginning I was frantically running around struggling for ammo and health, also there's some quite obscure progression weirdness, but the map is pretty fun overall, especially the shadows are looking nice (unless the room is actually completely fuckin' pitch black) - there's even one neat trick with slide door floor shadow, which is something I've abused in my late maps.

User is offline   Sanek 

My bad if I didn't noticed it.

I played it myself some weeks ago and I have to say that this map rocks! One of the most enjoyable maps that I played recently. I like the rusty feel that this map have. It looks like it's at least 20 years late to the party and I i bet that if it was released back then, it'll be one of the classics by now. :)
Play it if you didn't already!

User is offline   quakis 

View PostSanek, on 28 July 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

My bad if I didn't noticed it.

Thanks for making a thread about it though, I would have likely missed this one myself.

User is offline   Nukem1994x 

The title of the map rings a bell of a game i played years ago on the dosbox on my computer called happyland adventures.

User is offline   Sanek 

Mikko's late, late review:

https://msdn.duke4.n...othappyland.php

I agree with him about desgn-related flaws, but if you throw the fun facctor in, i'll give it at leasr one or two points more. I had so much fun playning this map :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options