Duke4.net Forums: How do you currently play Duke Nukem online? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do you currently play Duke Nukem online?

Poll: How do you currently play Duke Nukem online? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What lobby/client software do you use to play Duke Nukem 3D

1. DukesterX (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Kali (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Yang (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

4. I change my clients every year (0 votes [0.00%])

5. I want a DOS-only client so I don't need windows to play (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Nothing. My best computer is OLD and I saw this on my friends PC (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   mike_s 

In an effort to make my commit driver to work for as many people as possible, I have one question.

Think of your most recent time you played Duke Nukem 3D over today's internet.

As for me, I played it back in the day with my own driver for windows 9x through the the multiplayer char/lobby system "Kali". I think I tried DukesterX but that didn't really get me anywhere.

What do you guys currently use as your lobby software where you meet other players online and do your chatting along with setting up your parameters to launch Eduke32 or whatever duke nukem port you use?

User is offline   Lunick 

I imagine most people play through something like the Megaton port (or World Tour...) and then chat using Discord or some other program. I think most of the die hard Duke fans use YANG or a similar software that I forget the name of.

User is offline   duke3d.exe 

Last time I played I think it was the Megaton on Steam. Before that I think I used some of these clients like xDuke or "Rancid" something I can't remember. Eventually I gave up because I was waiting for proper multiplayer experience like on Doom with Zdaemon or Doomseeker so I haven't played online in years. This has been one of the main reasons the Duke community is tiny compared to Doom.

This post has been edited by duke3d.exe: 28 June 2021 - 11:28 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options