Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Facebook - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Facebook

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

This thread is to discuss the Duke Nukem Facebook page.

This post has been edited by zchri9: 23 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

User is offline   Defcon VI 

I just saw it.... And I was like Holy shit, that fucker is big!

Looks great. I think they have settled with Take 2, this seems most likely given the important contract Scott signed recently.

I bet John St. John recorded DNF audio when at Apogee recently recording DNT.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 13 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

User is offline   ultra tree 85! 

• Honored Donor

View PostSinisterambo, on Jul 13 2009, 04:53 PM, said:

I think they have settled with Take 2, this seems most likely given the important contract Scott signed recently.

I agree, I don't think Scott would be posting the shots if the lawsuit were still active. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon regarding the status of the game and the anticipated release date. I think it's completely possible for 3D Realms to finish it through another developer within the next year as long as George stops being a perfectionist. ;)

Anyway, the screenshots look great! ;)

User is offline   z0mb1e 

Those are alot bigger than old duke! O.o

View Postultra tree 85!, on Jul 14 2009, 12:58 AM, said:

I agree.

The truth is out there. Remember when Scott said give it and year and the truth will come out?

View PostSinisterambo, on Jul 14 2009, 02:08 AM, said:

The truth is out there. Remember when Scott said give it and year and the truth will come out?

so you're implying "the truth" is DNF....NICE ONE! ;)

This post has been edited by Jobi-Wan Kenobi: 13 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

;)

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 13 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Either Scott Miller has 'Balls of steel' or 3D Realms and Take-Two have come to an agreement.

User is offline   Sangman 

Didn't know the Duke Nukem Facebook was managed by Scott and George.

View Postzchri9, on Jul 14 2009, 02:24 AM, said:

Either Scott Miller has 'Balls of steel' or 3D Realms and Take-Two have come to an agreement.

uh this playing on words...prob both ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSinisterambo, on Jul 13 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

Looks great. I think they have settled with Take 2, this seems most likely given the important contract Scott signed recently.

I bet John St. John recorded DNF audio when at Apogee recently recording DNT.

You have no idea how games are made.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postzchri9, on Jul 13 2009, 07:26 PM, said:

Photo Albums :

Not my friends

Damn I'm lookin' good

New Screenshots :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Jul 13 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

;)
Nice to see you hanging around.

User is offline   Montykoro 

http://www.shacknews...article.x/59521

My 5 seconds of fame!

User is offline   Babe 

Did anyone notice that from pic 2 to pic 3, the giant whatever lord is wearing different a type of armour, I mean his shoulder armour is gone in pic 3 !! Perhaps it signalls a work in progress ;) !!

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostBabe, on Jul 13 2009, 09:05 PM, said:

Did anyone notice that from pic 2 to pic 3, the giant whatever lord is wearing different a type of armour, I mean his shoulder armour is gone in pic 3 !! Perhaps it signalls a work in progress ;) !!

As far as I know you can shoot the armor off of enemies.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostBabe, on Jul 14 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

He took the armor off because he's skinny-dipping! ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postultra tree 85!, on Jul 14 2009, 03:58 AM, said:

I agree, I don't think Scott would be posting the shots if the lawsuit were still active. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon regarding the status of the game and the anticipated release date. I think it's completely possible for 3D Realms to finish it through another developer within the next year as long as George stops being a perfectionist. ;)

It seems George was strategically sent to Vegas so that Scott could actually work on resurrecting DNF.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

This looks as a viral marketing move for the upcoming iPhone and Handheld Duke games

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostPsyrgery, on Jul 13 2009, 08:54 PM, said:

This looks as a viral marketing move for the upcoming iPhone and Handheld Duke games

Is that why his posting pictures of Duke Nukem Forever? ;)

This post has been edited by zchri9: 13 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

These shots are ugly and lifeless and 3DR are getting beyond pathetic by now.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postzchri9, on Jul 14 2009, 06:57 AM, said:

Is that why his posting pictures of Duke Nukem Forever? ;)

Yep, that's why I think they're sharing these DNF pictures.

Imho, Scott may feel sorry for us waiting so much time to play the game and for not sharing any media of it, and therefore he decided he may share some media of a game we won't ever get to play even after having waited this much, as a tribute to us fans who have been screwed because of the cancellation of the game.

Furthermore, this movement works also as advertising for the incoming Duke games. Something like "Hey, Duke is THIS COOL and he's coming with more games soon"

As I've just said, this is my opinion based on speculation only...

Even if I'm wrong, what else could have these pictures been shown for?

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostPsyrgery, on Jul 14 2009, 12:32 AM, said:

Yep, that's why I think they're sharing these DNF pictures.

Imho, Scott may feel sorry for us waiting so much time to play the game and for not sharing any media of it, and therefore he decided he may share some media of a game we won't ever get to play even after having waited this much, as a tribute to us fans who have been screwed because of the cancellation of the game.

Furthermore, this movement works also as advertising for the incoming Duke games. Something like "Hey, Duke is THIS COOL and he's coming with more games soon"

As I've just said, this is my opinion based on speculation only...

Even if I'm wrong, what else could have these pictures been shown for?

Perhaps Scott is hopeful that a settlement will be made in court and starting doing viral marketing early?
Although that's extremely unlikely you never know.

This post has been edited by zchri9: 14 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

Wonder if Scott walked in one day and saw what a mess things were in, looked at George and said "dude, just . . . I don't know . . . just go play poker or something and let me clean up this mess."

View Postcrunchysuperman, on Jul 14 2009, 11:57 AM, said:

Wonder if Scott walked in one day and saw what a mess things were in, looked at George and said "dude, just . . . I don't know . . . just go play poker or something and let me clean up this mess."

Rofl! I could imagine that. ;)

User is offline   Babe 

With Take 2 trying to control of leaked images of DNF, I doubt that Scott would have posted them without entering into an agreement with Take 2 !

Psyrgery - "as a tribute to us fans who have been screwed because of the cancellation of the game."
The game has never been described as canceled. In fact its described as "still in development" (ref: http://www.shacknews...icle.x?id=1154)

There definitely was a media blackout imposed by Take2 after the release of 3drealms employees, so these images coming about may indeed be due to some agreement.

View PostBabe, on Jul 14 2009, 02:10 PM, said:

With Take 2 trying to control of leaked images of DNF, I doubt that Scott would have posted them without entering into an agreement with Take 2 !

that is so obvious it hurt my eyes ;)

My theory is that the Duke Begins team continued dev on DNF. They were into Duke afterall. The 2,5 timeframe for the planned dev of Duke Begins let me hope that this team is at least 50 man strong, if not even about 100!

User is offline   Sangman 

OR! Duke Begins was going to be a much shorter, less perfect game.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options