Duke4.net Forums: Is there a Doom Ep1 Duke3D map pack? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a Doom Ep1 Duke3D map pack?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

There has to be but every internet search just keeps yielding results for vice versa or Doom maps in general.

User is offline   Å neček 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 May 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

There has to be but every internet search just keeps yielding results for vice versa or Doom maps in general.

Maybe Hellduke! TC?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/hellduke-tc

But I didn´t try that.

This post has been edited by Å neček: 29 May 2021 - 08:44 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

I have seen on this forum some Doom maps converted to Duke Nukem 3D maps but never a complete episode. In the Steam Workshop there is actually a incredibly good version of I think both e1l1 of Doom 1 and Doom 2.

User is online   Phredreeke 

This?

• The Sarien Encounter

No, not a mod. Just a map pack. So just vanilla Duke3D maps with Duke3D textures, weapons, and enemies but with Doom Ep1 layouts and enemy placements. Has this really never been done?

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

All I’ve ever seen is E1M1. There’s several examples out there, mostly from the late 90s. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any of the other maps from the episode.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You might want to check out Knee Deep by Drek, but it's not vanilla.

• The Sarien Encounter

Thanks for the suggestions. I also just found this:

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=279013754

You may also like to add E1M5 from Cort Stowe.

Somebody here did hurt S.t.a.r.N.u.k.e.m feelings back then? Found this in his "Doom E1M1: Hangar REMASTERED"

Spoiler

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 29 May 2021 - 11:32 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

When I first tried a bunch of custom maps with Megaton when it first came out I saw that everywhere. Multiple maps.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 May 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

No, not a mod. Just a map pack. So just vanilla Duke3D maps with Duke3D textures, weapons, and enemies but with Doom Ep1 layouts and enemy placements. Has this really never been done?

closest I found that isn't a mod or tc; it's just a pak of converted maps

https://www.fileplan...0/ULTIMATE-DOOM
(i wouldn't use that link to download it, just use it to read the description))

I submitted my collection of crap a few years ago & nobody ever got around to sorting it properly
here's a download link
http://dukeworld.duk...om/Ultimate.zip

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 May 2021 - 05:44 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice, thanks.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 30 May 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

When I first tried a bunch of custom maps with Megaton when it first came out I saw that everywhere. Multiple maps.

Nice!! Too bad there are unplayable, some doors won't open and no exit button

• The Sarien Encounter

I played through them and they seem fine...

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 11 June 2021 - 08:28 PM, said:

I played through them and they seem fine...

The ones uploaded by Forge?

User is offline   slacker1 

View PostBlood Vengeance, on 16 June 2021 - 04:39 AM, said:

The ones uploaded by Forge?

I played through some of the ones in the file posted by Forge and they're all unfinished. I sort of remember stumbling across this zip back in the day too... or at least some of the maps in it.

The included readme states they're just the maps thrown through wad2duke and are only a starting point to be finished. Pretty cool considering it was generated with the automated process and could be really cool if someone spent some time reworking these levels in their current state. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be anything but a starting point for someone to finish or a demo of the wad to duke conversion process.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ohhh Forge's. Yeah, he said they were just conversions and not meant to be played out of the box, didn't he?

WGR2 Siege Breaker expansion Knee Deep is the entire DOOM first episode mashed into a single map, but it need to be reverted into vanilla logics probably.

EDIT:
Dhe, as Hendricks already pointed out.

There would be even, despite not 100% faithful reproductions, Zykov eddy's Halls Of Doom and Sixty Four's ForeverDoom with some E1M1 and E1M2 influences.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 17 June 2021 - 06:38 AM

Can someone post a link to Doom maps made by Starnukem on Steam? Since I don't have D3D Megaton on Steam I can't download them

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostBlood Vengeance, on 08 July 2021 - 01:37 PM, said:

Can someone post a link to Doom maps made by Starnukem on Steam? Since I don't have D3D Megaton on Steam I can't download them

Here you go, they have 6 maps uploaded that are Doom related and 2 of them are updated versions so I chose to only include those and not the originals https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

User is offline   slacker1 

Awesome! Thanks!

I played through all of them even though I think I've maybe played through Knee Deep in the Dead more than LA Meltdown. :) Texturing was on the simple side but given the difference between Doom's assets and Duke's, it was worked well enough. The maps were great conversions otherwise. I was pleasantly surprised that the secret switch and floor triggers all worked. I also liked the little "extra" areas/detailing added to E1M9 Military base and E1M1 Hangar.

View PostLunick, on 08 July 2021 - 02:26 PM, said:

Here you go, they have 6 maps uploaded that are Doom related and 2 of them are updated versions so I chose to only include those and not the originals https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options