Duke4.net Forums: Strange ceiling bump thing - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange ceiling bump thing  "Might be a bug"

User is offline   XThX2 

There's this strange "jump to ceiling thing" that I mentioned a few weeks ago happening again. What I mean by that is, player immediately goes upwards until he reaches to the ceiling's height. Even though I have doubts, I'm sure my mod has nothing to do with it, as what I last added was something in EVENT_EGS, and this thing happened EVEN when I restored my CONs to their previous. This can be a random bug, as I absolutely have not changed anything about player's height, nor it's speed. Here's an image to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

I can also load my cons here if needed. The log has nothing told about it either.

NOTE : This is the second time this is happening, both in different eduke versions. (This bug was fixed when a new build came, but started to happen once again.)

This post has been edited by XThX2: 11 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

User is offline   XThX2 

I found out why it happened. It seems that when you define a few frames of the weapon as PNG in a def file, and the rest as BMP, it screws out some stuff in your files. How I found this out? It screwed my high-res hud. It also caused this jump thing, when I commented it out, it worked. Pretty strange for it to cause the player jump huh?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostXThX2, on Jul 12 2009, 04:28 AM, said:

I found out why it happened. It seems that when you define a few frames of the weapon as PNG in a def file, and the rest as BMP, it screws out some stuff in your files. How I found this out? It screwed my high-res hud. It also caused this jump thing, when I commented it out, it worked. Pretty strange for it to cause the player jump huh?

So when you made them all PNG the problem went away?

User is offline   supergoofy 

That was the reason why duke64 mod crashed frequently. When I converted all textures/sprites files to png, there were no more crashes.

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostDeeperThought, on Jul 12 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

So when you made them all PNG the problem went away?

Yeah the problem went away... It's pretty strange.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Very odd. Quakis had told me a while ago he removed all the art from the game, and tried running a map with absolutely no art at all, and the same thing was happening.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options