Duke4.net Forums: Level Building Tutorials - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Level Building Tutorials  "easy step by step how to build a Duke level beginner to advanced"

User is offline   Nukester09 

You know when you decide to build a car,ship or model airplane made out of plastic and the instructions that come along with it tell you how to build that model exactly step by step well,that's exactly what I'm looking for but instead of it being a plastic model I want it to be a Duke 3D step by step tutorial.
I don't know about your program but my Duke 3D came with a tutorial file along with it,it kinda looks like this,

Duke chapter 1 Preliminary information
Duke chapter 2 Planning and designing a level
Duke chapter 3 A walkthrough to creating a simple level <<<<<<< I'm looking for more of these type tutorials
Duke chapter 4 The Build Editor
Duke chapter 5 How to create different effects
Duke chapter 6 Programming the .Con files
Duke chapter 7 Utilities and Add-ons
Duke chapter 8 Troubleshooting
Duke chapter 9 Reference lists
Editor Faq

I'm looking for more of these type of tutorials because not only are they fun but when somebody tells you exactly how to create the level including even what sprite numbers to pick,they make things a whole
lot easier when trying to understand all the different commands this program has.

Thanks

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Try this:

http://infosuite.duk...y.com/index.php

Start with The Basics, sectors section, then move on to sprites, etc. It proceeds very much like what you want.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options